• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
D

Daniel Lin

is there a timer that always gives scrambles with twisted corners?

I want to practice bad scrambles with 3+ twisted corners

YY

WCA
2010YAMA04
YouTube
Visit Channel
is there a timer that always gives scrambles with twisted corners?

I want to practice bad scrambles with 3+ twisted corners

Champly!
http://www.terabo.net/champly/

I know this site, but it's written by only Japanese and it doesn't have timer function.
You can make nCO scrambles by:
1. choose "スクランブル種類" and select "パラメータを設定"
2. enter n into blank with "CO数"

If you want to use it by English, I'll send request to the creator of this tool.

CasualCuber

Do we have to use the same type of cube for multibld?(e.g. 6 moyu hualong)Or can we use different types of cube for multibld?(e.g. 2 valk,2 gan 356 air master,2 qiyi thunderclap)
I would also like to know which cubes you recommend for multibld.

sundeco

I'm using the classic Pochmann method right now for 3BLD, when would be a good time for me to consider switching to M2 method for edges?

D

Daniel Lin

Does anyone use ubl as their buffer for U2? I'm trying to go straight to center comms but I need some backup algs for trickier cases.
I haven't attempted a full 4BLD solve yet.
*Ubl, not ubl
that would be a inside the cube :p

yeah most people use Ubl as their U2 buffer
A couple of people use Ubr but it doesn't matter really

S

Scruggsy13

Is it possible to get sub 1:30 with Old Pochmann method? Is turbo or m2 easier to learn?

Yes, but you would have to really push your memo or execution speed since OP is extremely move inefficient. Learning one of the other two methods will make it much easier. I never learned turbo, but from what I've heard it's trickier to learn than M2 but then is easier to transition from into 3-style. You'll also have to consider whether you want DF or UF as your edge buffer. Ultimately it may not make *that* much of a difference.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it possible to get sub 1:30 with Old Pochmann method? Is turbo or m2 easier to learn?
Some people have got sub-40 with M2/OP. M2 or TuRBo is just personal preference. Both are quite easy, both offer easier transition to 3style than OP, and UF or DF buffer doesn't make much difference, that's just personal preference too. Look at tutorials of both and see which one appeals to you most.

pinser

WCA
2016GOHT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When you're memoing wings on 4BLD and you get a cycle break, how do you decide if you need to break into a new cycle? Is "targets = letters + solved pieces - cycle breaks" the standard test? And if you do need to break into a new cycle, how do you decide which piece to shoot to? I know Noah said he goes through his targets alphabetically, but that seems really slow.

L

lucarubik

alright so its been 7 years since i last wrote something on this site and i was wondering how does the elite solve the rubiks cube blindfolded these days. This is how i used to do it, not the best example but..;
28.34 L' U L R D' R' B' D' L2 F B' D U' L R D2 R2 D F' D' L R' B2 U' R2
cube: DaYan Zanchi
method: BH/ freestyle
memo: audio loop
reconstruction
U L F L' B2 L F' L' B2 U'
r' U' L D' L' U L D x
U L' D2 L U' L' D2 L

U' R U M U' R' U M'
M2 U L' U' M' U L U' M'
R' U R U' M U R' U' r
R E' R' U R E R' U'
y R U M2 U' R' U M2 U' y'
R2 M' D' M U' M' D M U R2
So what is the go to 3x3 cube these days is BH/ free style with a set buffer the way to go, if so what buffers are common, corners or edges first, how to solve the parity, how to deal with passive unoriented pieces how to memorize what ot memorize first that kind of stuff, what do the best do pretty much, if anyone knows, thanks :D
*edit: omg that signature doe f***ing lmao, I remember i got banned from this site for swearing too, good old days