• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
D

Daniel Lin

I wish I started with Ufl and Ul for big BLD buffers, having my buffers on the right means I do a lot of [l' U2 l, E] type stuff
It isn't too terrible though, because I execute it like 4Rw 3Rw'
I'm starting 3style for t centers

do you still think Ul is the best buffer? I currently use Uf but I'm slow I wouldn't mind switching

and what about x centers?

D

Daniel Lin

is there a list of parity algs for 3BLD for all 462 2e2c cases? I don't care about the buffer

Applecow

WCA
2010LEHM02
is there a list of parity algs for 3BLD for all 462 2e2c cases? I don't care about the buffer
probably not. or there is one and most of them are crap. I made a list for the 22 cases swapping ULB UBR and DF + other edge and even for some of those it was already hard to find good algs.

D

Daniel Lin

probably not. or there is one and most of them are crap. I made a list for the 22 cases swapping ULB UBR and DF + other edge and even for some of those it was already hard to find good algs.
oh:(

I'm wondering whether UF/UFR parity algs are better than UB/UBL algs. They're only a U2 away though so probably not a huge difference. but still

Applecow

WCA
2010LEHM02
oh:(

I'm wondering whether UF/UFR parity algs are better than UB/UBL algs. They're only a U2 away though so probably not a huge difference. but still
yeah, most likely not a huge difference. There will always be bad cases. I had to learn that even though some cases look easy (e.g. DF UL ULB UBR) you won't necessarily find great algs and for harder looking cases (DF DB) there might be some easy ones :)

tacgnol

WCA
2009RIZE01
Okay so I've been having some trouble pushing my memo, and was wondering if there were any suggestions on how to improve this: my memo on 3bld is anywhere between 2:30-3:45 at this point, and execution seems to be anywhere from 2-3 minutes. my problem that i keep running into is that after i come up with a word for corners, i have to create an image and then insert it into a story or something, and it can take me some time to figure out how to fit it in. Is there a quicker way to do this, or do i just need to practice more? (i've been doing bld for only a couple months. i think since september)

G2013

WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need help regarding tracking centers on 4BLD.

I spend (waste?) lots of time during the memo trying to remember if I had already a center or not.
Example:
set up with l' u' l U2 l' u l U2 l d' l' U2 l d l' U2
This is a stupid example and I obviously know where I had shot in this case, but in a solve, I memo
R(upper right) center, then U(bottom left), then after a while, I don't know if I had already memorized the R(UR) or if I should move onto R(DL).

Any tips?
Thanks!

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need help regarding tracking centers on 4BLD.

I spend (waste?) lots of time during the memo trying to remember if I had already a center or not.
Example:
set up with l' u' l U2 l' u l U2 l d' l' U2 l d l' U2
This is a stupid example and I obviously know where I had shot in this case, but in a solve, I memo
R(upper right) center, then U(bottom left), then after a while, I don't know if I had already memorized the R(UR) or if I should move onto R(DL).

Any tips?
Thanks!
1) make sure you have a fixed order for memorising/solving the centres. For example, I always start on the upper-left centre of each side and then move clockwise. (e.g. on the L face, I would do Lub -> Luf -> Ldf -> Ldb)

2) keep your finger on the last centre you memo'ed on each side. This only requires you to use six fingers to keep track of all the centres you've memorised.

G2013

WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
1) make sure you have a fixed order for memorising/solving the centres. For example, I always start on the upper-left centre of each side and then move clockwise. (e.g. on the L face, I would do Lub -> Luf -> Ldf -> Ldb)

2) keep your finger on the last centre you memo'ed on each side. This only requires you to use six fingers to keep track of all the centres you've memorised.

I do both of those things, but as my hands just can't hold the cube while keeping fingers on strange positions, sometimes I just remove all fingers from the centers because otherwise the cube would fall to the floor.

What cyansandwich suggests is tapping on the centers instead, for the moment I'll try that.

Thank you for your time

Keroma12

WCA
2010MATT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do both of those things, but as my hands just can't hold the cube while keeping fingers on strange positions, sometimes I just remove all fingers from the centers because otherwise the cube would fall to the floor.

What cyansandwich suggests is tapping on the centers instead, for the moment I'll try that.

Thank you for your time
I use my right thumb and index finger for F and R respectively, and my left thumb and index finger for L and B respectively. Then I just remember for U and D (using your feet can work too). My middle fingers also hold the cube up, on the wings/corners.

G2013

WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use my right thumb and index finger for F and R respectively, and my left thumb and index finger for L and B respectively. Then I just remember for U and D (using your feet can work too). My middle fingers also hold the cube up, on the wings/corners.
Hahaha ok I'll try with my feet. No jk but I'll try that "finger scheme" you use. Thanks!

Is there a comm that solves twisted corners at DBL and DBR?
I would just do D' (sexy or antisexy as many times you need) D' (again many sexy or antisexy moves) D2