• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Weekly Competition Overall Scoring Rules

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I generally like the idea of bigger events. I've stated elsewhere my support for gigaminx, but it does seem the popular consensus is behind kilominx. I'm strongly in favor of relays, such as 2-7, but I wonder about splitting it into 2-4 and 5-7? Or odd and even: 2-4-6 and 3-5-7? I think I prefer the first option, but either one could work.

I don't have a strong opinion about magic, but then again I wouldn't have a strong opinion about removing clock, skewb, pyraminx, or 2x2 either.

I am glad that 2 6 and 7 BLD are included: 2 is good practice for 3BLD corners, and it's nice to have a semi - official competition available for big blind even if I'm a long ways away from being able to compete in it.

I doubt anybody would do them blind with any regulatory, and I don't see them being added to the WCA lineup, but now that Yuxin is coming out with their 8-11 line I wonder about putting in some 8x8 speedsolve scrambles in on a trial basis.

I'd also be curious to see what could be done with old style MBLD.

Sorry for the long, disjointed post. I've had my phone in my pocket for the last hour or so while I'm doing chores, and I pull it out every few minutes to add another idea. Any more ideas I'll come back later and edit.

Keroma12

WCA
2010MATT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would vote remove magics, add 2-6, 2-7 relays and kilominx.

I also like the idea of an additional multi with no time limit. It's a good way to improve.

Edit: And can we change it so that you can be permanently logged in to the website?

Last edited:

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
While I personally hate Kilo, I see that everyone is interested and it makes sense to add. But, if Kilo is added I'd say we should also add Giga.
And yep, of course BLD scrambles with wide moves and correct FMC scrambles.
I don't care if Magic is removed but all other events should stay.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
There are 3 moves added to the edge and beginning of the scramble i.e. R U F' so that the edges become mis oriented. It's to further prevent solutions being based off scrambles

I guess I haven't gotten good enough at FMC to figure out how to use the scramble. I just work off the scrambled cube, and use my 2nd and 3rd cubes to double check the scramble and solution.

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess I haven't gotten good enough at FMC to figure out how to use the scramble. I just work off the scrambled cube, and use my 2nd and 3rd cubes to double check the scramble and solution.
Hehe well I'd say that you're doing it right if you do it that way. Baising your solution of the scramble is cheating and this just further prevents it.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
That makes me wonder if there is a fast way to construct the inverse scramble without actually having the scramble sequence?

I thought that was kind of the point of FMC: to construct an alternate inverse scramble. A quick Google search for optimal Rubik's cube solution turns up stuff with Kociemba's algorithm, which computer solvers use to calculate optimal or near optimal solutions. If it was humanly feasible to apply it I suspect that FMC would look a little different, but I may be wrong.

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought that was kind of the point of FMC: to construct an alternate inverse scramble. A quick Google search for optimal Rubik's cube solution turns up stuff with Kociemba's algorithm, which computer solvers use to calculate optimal or near optimal solutions. If it was humanly feasible to apply it I suspect that FMC would look a little different, but I may be wrong.

I don't know, I think the point of FMC is to construct an alternate inverse scramble sequence but for using NISS and such we would only need to know where the corners/edges are on the cube and how they're oriented.

MatsBergsten

Premium Member
WCA
2008BERG04
What will the changes in scoring be?

Several persons sharing last place with DNF will share their points (now they all
get only 1 each).
Maximize the participations points you can get in Multi. (when the rules for scoring
were decided no one solved more than say 10-12 cubes).
A few extra points for solved bld-events as opposed to just dnf

Did I forget something, well you'll see...

MatsBergsten

Premium Member
WCA
2008BERG04
From next week (nr 4) we'll have prizes: the weekly competition is sponsored by theCubicle.us. One random competitor will receive a $10 giftcard to theCubicle each week. We will announce the winner at the end of each week and that competitor will be sent the giftcard via PM. Thanks to theCubicle.us for sponsoring these competitions for ten weeks.

Last edited: