• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KCubing (Kansas city cubing group)

Tycubing

WCA
2015SPEC01
It's not THAT ridiculous. It could very easily be in the mid-west, and we've shown growth as of late. If I had to guess where in teh mid-west I'd say Minnesota/Michigan area or Texas. But I can dream.
I hope it's in KC or any state touching Kansas or else I wouldn't be able to go

nice spelling

shadowkiller168

Premium Member
WCA
2014PASC03
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's not THAT ridiculous. It could very easily be in the mid-west, and we've shown growth as of late. If I had to guess where in teh mid-west I'd say Minnesota/Michigan area or Texas. But I can dream.
From the looks at previous Nationals locations, they often seem to be in places where there was previously few competitions or areas with recent growth. I think that now we have a Kansas City area delegate, it could be a valid location. There is an airport so people don't have to drive, it's not exactly in the middle of nowhere (it's not a huge city, but it's a decent size), and there's probably quite a few venues that would work.

Of course, Nats is always magically in a location that doesn't make too much sense to me (Hilton Head Island, I'm looking at you), so if it would be in the Midwest, it would probably be Omaha or Des Moines, because reasons :p

aybuck37

WCA
2015BUCK03
Yeah the midwest might be reasonable bc then the coasts will be equally away. What do you all think about qualifying times?

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From the looks at previous Nationals locations, they often seem to be in places where there was previously few competitions or areas with recent growth. I think that now we have a Kansas City area delegate, it could be a valid location. There is an airport so people don't have to drive, it's not exactly in the middle of nowhere (it's not a huge city, but it's a decent size), and there's probably quite a few venues that would work.

Of course, Nats is always magically in a location that doesn't make too much sense to me (Hilton Head Island, I'm looking at you), so if it would be in the Midwest, it would probably be Omaha or Des Moines, because reasons :p

I've submitted proposals for places that might work too, so there's that. Omaha and Des Moines are doable :p Hoping I can make it out to Omaha for the January comp. We'll see.

Tycubing

WCA
2015SPEC01
You should go for an official comp! If you get a good delegate, it's not that hard
I might try to have an official one in April or May because my school has a pretty good venue and this is the last year I'm at this school (eww High school).