• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Georgia, USA

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To talk about mistakes, shouldn't I have a 2x2 average soil record from 2011 with a 3.60 average? Or am I misunderstanding how these things work :p

Also, just noticed that I've held 2x2-6x6 single/average state record's at least once. I'm coming for you Ray to get 7x7 :)

Fixed that! The only excuse I have is that it was like 11PM when I was putting those together and I really wanted to go to bed.

Jared's really good at 7 though, he almost got the state record at Nats. If you want to get it before he does you'd have to go to a comp with 7x7 that he can't go to (Skillcon?)

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've updated all the Georgia stats through Americus and made a few changes:

- The order of events now matches the new WCA order
- Nicolás Sánchez now hás áccents on his náme (álthough not in áll pláces, still fixing thát)
- Added Joshua and his sister to the KinchRanks
- Remade my backend spreadsheet for KinchRanks in Google Sheets instead of on my home computer, so I can update KinchRanks anywhere. I pulled everyone's PB's from WCA manually to redo it, so if you see any mistakes please let me know.

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've updated all the Georgia stats through Americus and made a few changes:

- The order of events now matches the new WCA order
- Nicolás Sánchez now hás áccents on his náme (álthough not in áll pláces, still fixing thát)
- Added Joshua and his sister to the KinchRanks
- Remade my backend spreadsheet for KinchRanks in Google Sheets instead of on my home computer, so I can update KinchRanks anywhere. I pulled everyone's PB's from WCA manually to redo it, so if you see any mistakes please let me know.
There seems to be a mistake, I have trash above me in kinch ranks.

Bemis

Dropping by to say hello. I dabbled in cube solving about 10 years ago, but never bought a decent speed cube. They existed back then, but weren't nearly as accessible. I work for UGA so it's really awesome to see local interest. I have a few cubes on the way, so this should be a fun journey for me!

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dropping by to say hello. I dabbled in cube solving about 10 years ago, but never bought a decent speed cube. They existed back then, but weren't nearly as accessible. I work for UGA so it's really awesome to see local interest. I have a few cubes on the way, so this should be a fun journey for me!
Oh cool!

Me and Katie go to UGA. What do you do at UGA?

Bemis

Awesome! I work in Admissions. Just hit my 14 year anniversary last August. Hopefully, I'll see you both around!

Bemis

The cubes I ordered came in and things are already getting better. I walk on my lunch break and go by Tate quite a bit. I'll have to see if I spot any cubes. :)

cuberkid10

WCA
2010HULL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
16, but really 17 because I couldn't spell Varasano.

I actually remember Reese Hoffa from one of my early day comps. It was a big deal that he was there, iirc. Also, I remember the Java Monkey because I wasn't allowed to go to those meet ups :/