• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Georgia, USA

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
I've updated the KinchRanks and records history through Marietta Mystery. I'm going to do a special update in the next few days to add Chris and Katie Hardwick as soon as I figure how to handle the whole retroactive record stuff.
homing in on that 2nd place

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
OK, here's how I'm going to handle the records and KinchRanks with Chris Hardwick (@cmhardw ):

The records history page will not change at all unless Chris breaks a GA record while living here. For example, if he gets a 6:34.56 4BLD, then that will become the Georgia record, even though it's not his PB. The times that I have will continue to be considered "state record" until broken in the future. However, the baseline records for the 3BLD mean, 4BLD and 5BLD KinchRanks will be changed to Chris's PB's, giving him the full 100 points for those events.

I think this is the best compromise between excluding him entirely and declaring the times he set over 5 years to be Georgia records, neither of which I think are fair options. I have updated the KinchRanks and added him and Katie to them. Welcome aboard the Chris Train, y'all!

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Introducing the latest addition to the Georgia statistics: the Georgia soil records! Basically, any time set at a Georgia comp, no matter who sets it, can become a Georgia soil record. Some of these were pretty surprising (MBLD especially) so I hope you'll enjoy!

Additionally, I also fixed some problems/errors in the KinchRanks and records history. Unless your name is Braden Flournoy or Jared Phelps, this does not affect you at all.

JaredRB9000

Does it count if I don't live in Georgia, but I frequently go to competitions there? There's been like none in Florida recently.

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Does it count if I don't live in Georgia, but I frequently go to competitions there? There's been like none in Florida recently.
see above/below post
Introducing the latest addition to the Georgia statistics: the Georgia soil records! Basically, any time set at a Georgia comp, no matter who sets it, can become a Georgia soil record. Some of these were pretty surprising (MBLD especially) so I hope you'll enjoy!

Additionally, I also fixed some problems/errors in the KinchRanks and records history. Unless your name is Braden Flournoy or Jared Phelps, this does not affect you at all.
rip my squan records

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's good to see that kilominx is now on our state records .

Ray, would you consider adding it to our other record sheets?

So Kilo gets to be on the record sheet but not 5BLD (or my 7x7 mean and multi from Nats)? :( :(

I've added Kilo to the state record history and the soil record history. I also added MTS single to both of those. If we hold those events again or other unofficial events I'll add them too. I may make a Kilo-version of the KinchRanks at some point too.

cuberkid10

WCA
2010HULL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks! We all make mistakes, I just fixed today that somehow I had never put my sub-11 average in the KinchRanks.
To talk about mistakes, shouldn't I have a 2x2 average soil record from 2011 with a 3.60 average? Or am I misunderstanding how these things work :p

Also, just noticed that I've held 2x2-6x6 single/average state record's at least once. I'm coming for you Ray to get 7x7 :)