• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer 2x2x2 Question Thread

Julio R.

I really like 2x2 and I want to get serious about it so I started to learn cll. I learned a set but then realized that making layers is way slower than a face. I know Ortega and most of my faces have a bar so I wanted to know if I should learn cll or eg-1 and also why do people learn cll first?

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really like 2x2 and I want to get serious about it so I started to learn cll. I learned a set but then realized that making layers is way slower than a face. I know Ortega and most of my faces have a bar so I wanted to know if I should learn cll or eg-1 and also why do people learn cll first?
Making a layer should not take much like longer than a side, so try to learn to make more efficient layers. People learn CLL first because the algorithms are a little easier the EG-1 and there will be more cases you already know from normal OLL algorithms.

Ryp

What's the most popular 2x2x2 speedcubing method? Like how CFOP is to 3x3x3.

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's the most popular 2x2x2 speedcubing method? Like how CFOP is to 3x3x3.
Ortega is basically the way to go, unless you think LBL is better for you, which some people use, and both are only a handful of algs. If you want to get more serious about it, learn CLL, it's 40 algs and can get you at least sub 3 with that alone. EG is what the top people use, along with some other algs or sets