• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

Yetiowin

WCA
2015JIAN03
"That's a cool 4×4!"
Me: it's a 2×2.
"How about your 9×9?"
Me: It's a 3×3.
"Oh shut up!"

This is another one:

"You're cheating! That isn't a rubiks cube! That's a speedcube!"
Weirdly, I never get this. When other people try my cubes they usually react like "It's really fast" or "Why do you use money on so many of these"

Abo

Weirdly, I never get this. When other people try my cubes they usually react like "It's really fast" or "Why do you use money on so many of these"

Yea, one thing I get asked is why I have 'so many' 3x3s, which translates to a dozen or so, including like 5 that are from messing around (cucumber.us, etc.)

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
I was solving a 7x7 at school and some guy told me that he COULD do it, but he didn't want to waste his brain (Keep in mind this guy had a grade of 14% at the time in the classroom we were in...).

Also, i did a 3x3 in like 11 seconds infront a bunch of teachers and one of them said that it was really easy to do what I did and all you had to do was look at an online tutorial. Like I just did it in 11 seconds, with my 2 whole years of a LOT of practice. Come see me when you can solve it in like 2 minutes or less.

wir3sandfir3s

I was solving a 7x7 at school and some guy told me that he COULD do it, but he didn't want to waste his brain (Keep in mind this guy had a grade of 14% at the time in the classroom we were in...).

Also, i did a 3x3 in like 11 seconds infront a bunch of teachers and one of them said that it was really easy to do what I did and all you had to do was look at an online tutorial. Like I just did it in 11 seconds, with my 2 whole years of a LOT of practice. Come see me when you can solve it in like 2 minutes or less.
Those are some pretty retarded teachers.
Must think that since your a kid, it's one of those things that you can just look up online.

antech101

WCA
2016BAKE01
One time i was playing around with my aolong v2 in school and someone i didn't know bet me ten dollars i couldn't solve it in under a minute...

he lost the bet and didn't give me any money

turtwig

One time i was playing around with my aolong v2 in school and someone i didn't know bet me ten dollars i couldn't solve it in under a minute...

he lost the bet and didn't give me any money

I did that once. Someone bet me $2 that I couldn't solve in under 30 seconds. I averaged over 30 at the time but got really lucky. He ended up giving me ten cents. :(

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did that once. Someone bet me $2 that I couldn't solve in under 30 seconds. I averaged over 30 at the time but got really lucky. He ended up giving me ten cents. :(

Lol, one time I was doing 2x2 outside and my neighbor came over. He knew I could cube and everything, and he was watching me solve for a while. He said he'd give me $10 if the next solve was 3 seconds. I got lucky and it was a 2, so he gave me the $10. :D

Abo

Lol, one time I was doing 2x2 outside and my neighbor came over. He knew I could cube and everything, and he was watching me solve for a while. He said he'd give me $10 if the next solve was 3 seconds. I got lucky and it was a 2, so he gave me the $10. :D
Wow, no one ever pays off bets anymore!

wir3sandfir3s

Using Roux really trips people up, since you don't really solve a side until like 75% of the way through the solve, if orienting the bad edges puts some in place. You may not even solve a side until the very last step. So you get a lot of "lol can't even solve a side" closely followed by the solve.
Lol I did a random roux solve in front of my friend once, and he didn't seem too impressed until I "solved it out of nothing in 3 moves."

GoldCubes29

When in my classroom some mate does some non-cubery thing that annoys me at the moment, i take my pyraminx and my hex-skewb (same mechanism as a meffert's skewb) and shouting "SKEWB-GUN!" i shoot them, then i take my pyraminx, and stab it into their head repeatedly!!!

ColorfulPockets reference? lol