• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

alg.cubing.net

deadcat

Yeah, unfortunately that's the main broken feature right now. :-(
It will take some work, so you should probably not rely on it for the time being.

(But if a bunch of people really want this, speak up and I can prioritize it.)

Not sure if this is dead or not, but as a colorblind solver, being able to change the color scheme would be amazing. With the current scheme red and orange look nearly identical to me, and trying to figure out reconstructions with it is extremely challenging. Otherwise, this is completely awesome.

Liquorice

Not sure if this is dead or not, but as a colorblind solver, being able to change the color scheme would be amazing. With the current scheme red and orange look nearly identical to me, and trying to figure out reconstructions with it is extremely challenging. Otherwise, this is completely awesome.
I'm not colourblind, but I was wondering the same thing just yesterday! I figured out a way to do it:
Download the software, right click on the file "alg.cubing.net.js" and press edit. Search "color scheme" and you can edit the colours. For example, I changed it to "rgbowy" so yellow is on top and red is in front. I'm sure red can be changed it to black or whatever you want.
It works, but the animation stopped working, and I am still trying to figure out why ...

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Lucas,

I just noticed this yesterday, but if I have the applet in "Algorithm" mode, and then I click "invert", then this will of course invert the moves in the algorithm box correctly, but it also switches to "moves" mode.

Was this intentional?

bcube

Hi,

I have a small knowledge of the simulator and I am wondering if there is a way how to get the timeline/progress bar to its beginning state in case of a reconstruction?

Example - I would like to get "scrambled cube" directly rather than "solved cube" directly with consequent need to click on reset button (and followed by play button).

Since Java-applets completely stopped to work in most browsers I try to replace them with with Lucas' software using iframes on my homepage.
http://kociemba.org/math/c1.htm
But there are problems when there are several iframes on a page:

Using Firefox: Several of the iframes usually do not load completely and stay empty. Reloading the page sometimes helps.

Using Internet Explorer: In many iframes the icons for the play Button etc. is missing.

Using Microsoft's edge browser works best here: The page keeps responsive while loading and all iframes load. But the cube shown is the clean cube and not the cube given by the algorithm.

Any ideas how to improve that behaviour?

Last edited:

bcube

Any ideas how to improve that behaviour?

If you don´t insist on using Lucas´ simulator, there are other alternatives (throughout the links in threads you can find several of them).

I recommend Michael Feather´s AnimCubeJS. He offers 2x2x2 - 6x6x6 Rubik´s cubes (including Supercubes), many simulators on a page isn´t a problem at all (for example, see 2x2x2 - 5x5x5 pages on my site in a signature).

I remember Michael said to me that one of the reason he made his 5x5x5 AnimCubeJS was that it was impossible to run several Lucas´ 5x5x5 simulators on a page.

Thanks for the alternative. If the problems described above cannot be solved easily I will give it a try. Lucas' simulator is phantastic but it is probably a misuse to use it in the way I want.

Edit: AnimCubeJS works fine for me so I will use it.

Last edited:

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Lucas, I have been recently getting reports from select commentors on /r/Cubers/ that if parentheses are included in algorithms, my alg.cubing.net links don't parse correctly on their devices . . . when they do parse just fine on my device.

Is this a problem with Reddit?

lawofthecube

Hi, I'd like to use the cube solver but can't seem to get the cube to have yellow on top like with CFOP, how do I do that custom so I can just enter a algorithim to watch it solve?

Thanks

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
idk if it's being actively developed. You can ask @Lucas Garron
I would contribute if I weren't too lazy to learn js

cubing.js, the core library underlying v2, is under very active development: https://github.com/cubing/cubing.js/commits/main

The code isn't quite in a state that's easy to contribute to yet, but if someone has experience with JS/HTML and would like to work on a way to specify color schemes, now would be a good time to start talking about it! Feel free to contact me if you would like to learn more about where things are.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
cubing.js, the core library underlying v2, is under very active development: https://github.com/cubing/cubing.js/commits/main

The code isn't quite in a state that's easy to contribute to yet, but if someone has experience with JS/HTML and would like to work on a way to specify color schemes, now would be a good time to start talking about it! Feel free to contact me if you would like to learn more about where things are.

wait wut he's alive?