• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Confirmation Email Bug? Cannot Confirm Account.

gumbi

Is there a bug with confirmation emails in this new forum software?

This isn't my usual account. My usual account is @earth2dan, but I'm not allowed to post with that account right now. Last week I got an error saying that the site had a problem with my email address and it locked my account so I cannot post. I've since tried updating my email address several times but I never get the confirmation email. I've tried changing to my hotmail, gmail, and my own domain email addresses. The confirmation email never arrives (not in junk either).

I tried the "Contact Us" feature of the site a couple times, but haven't gotten a response from that. Maybe it's not working correctly either...

Any tips?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Is there a bug with confirmation emails in this new forum software?

This isn't my usual account. My usual account is @earth2dan, but I'm not allowed to post with that account right now. Last week I got an error saying that the site had a problem with my email address and it locked my account so I cannot post. I've since tried updating my email address several times but I never get the confirmation email. I've tried changing to my hotmail, gmail, and my own domain email addresses. The confirmation email never arrives (not in junk either).

I tried the "Contact Us" feature of the site a couple times, but haven't gotten a response from that. Maybe it's not working correctly either...

Any tips?
When did you first notice this issue? And when did you use the "Contact us" to send a message? Over the last week or so there have been some minor email disruptions that should mostly be fixed which may have caused the issue. Please try to do the email confirmation now and report back here if you have any issues with delivery.

I can see your earth2dan account email is dcummings.mb at gmail, is that correct?

gumbi

I was able to post on Thursday night. Friday morning it said I didn't have permission and when I checked my account there was a message at the top saying there was a problem with my email account. I tried the "Contact us" once on Friday and then a couple times yesterday. Sorry if you got double messages from me yesterday, it was acting weird so I sent it a second time.

I'll try re-sending the confirmation email again today and see how it goes. Yes, that is the correct email address. Though, it is not the email address I originally had on the account.

Thanks!