• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

When will Stickerless cubes be legal in WCA competitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidDnB

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,
Back last year, people were saying how stickerless cubes woould be made legal in 2015. However, I have checked the WCA regulations and they said, "Puzzles must have coloured parts, which must be one of the following: coloured stickers, coloured tiles, coloured plastic, or painted/printed colours." This is a bit unclear, it never explicitly says anything about their allowance. I also couldn't find anyone on the forums stating this. Are they allowed now, or do I have to keep buying packs of 6...
Thanks
-LiquidDnB

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
From what I've heard, the WCA wants to make stickerless cubes legal, but they're having trouble figuring out how to reword the rules as not to allow cubes that actually give an unfair advantage.

yoinneroid

WCA
2010UTOM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3h2) Puzzles whose coloured parts are visible inside the puzzle are not permitted.
EDIT: right, totally misunderstood the question. sorry about that.

Last edited:

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Thanks for this totally useless answer. The question asked is not "what do the WCA regulations currently say" (I guess Please dont Ask can read too) but "which kind of change is planned for the near futuer".

FWIW, I've heard the same as willtri4.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From what I've heard, the WCA wants to make stickerless cubes legal, but they're having trouble figuring out how to reword the rules as not to allow cubes that actually give an unfair advantage.

Yep.

3h2) Puzzles whose coloured parts are visible inside the puzzle are not permitted.

Indeed, this is why "stickerless cubes" are still not legal.

cashis

Get rid of 3h2 and it'll be fine. If everyone has the choice to have the "advantage" of seeing the inside parts, is it really an advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.