• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stuck between 20-25

kipup123

Speed Cube :- Weilong V1
Best :- 14.30sec

I use F2L, full PLL & 2 look OLL.
I solve the cross in 4sec, F2L in 11-13 sec and the rest for OLL & PLL. Which part do I improve and how. I am stuck at this level for 2-3 months. Please guys help me.

Last edited:

Kev43

WCA
2009GUIL01
Hum I was stuck there too, a while ago, and I broke the 20" barrier by solving 50 cubes a day for 2-3 weeks.

I'd say you do that, and learn 1-2 OLLs a day if you want, but it's not strictly necessary.

Practice makes perfect ;)

Oh and your F2Ls seem a bit slow (cross+F2L takes 2/3 of my solving time, for instance), maybe try to turn a bit slower and be more fluent, it worked for me.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
PracticePracticePractice. 2 months means nothing if you dont practise. Work on cross for sure, get around 2s. 2+11s to 13s is 13-15 s, leaving you 5 to 7 seconds for ll, which should be enough. Pll 2-3, oll 3. Should be easy. PracticePracticePractice

kipup123

PracticePracticePractice. 2 months means nothing if you dont practise. Work on cross for sure, get around 2s. 2+11s to 13s is 13-15 s, leaving you 5 to 7 seconds for ll, which should be enough. Pll 2-3, oll 3. Should be easy. PracticePracticePractice

By oll do you mean I have to learn them.

Millet

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was stuck there as well, for what seemed like a very long time (using ZZ, but a parallel can be drawn). I got a suggestion to try an exercise plan to drill the different parts of a solve;
1. Cross blind/Extended cross blind (if you are able) about 20 times consecutively. Give yourself as much inspection time as you need.
2. Cross + 1 F2L Slot about 20 times consecutively.
3. Cross + F2L about 40 times consecutively.
4. Full solves about 20 times consecutively.

I used a excel sheet template to log all my times, doing this every day really helped me see what I need to work on, and what is improving. I could literally see myself improving if I looked back.