• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2cubed4u

YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone have a good website to learn PLL. Preferably with colors and arrows please, so I can recognize cases easier. I'm having a lot of trouble with case recognition, so tips would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2cubed4u

YouTube
Visit Channel
how can I lower my times more?

WLQ9Dok.png

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
I do M2 by using my middle finger twice. Is there an easier way to do M2 and if so, could someone please link me to a video showing this?

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
ring then middle.

Heh.. that's gonna take a while to get used to.. ._. Is there a certain way to hold the cube?

EDIT: "HOLY COW THOSE M SLICES THOUGH." Only took a few days too.. Thanks a bunch, GuRoux..

Last edited:

lerenard

ring then middle.

what about pinky then ring? sometimes my middle finger hits the DBR corner as I'm trying to flick the M slice.

Also: Am I the only one who performs the Z-perm with U' and M instead of U and M'? (I find M' horribly annoying to execute compared to M)
M2' U' M2' U' M U2 M2' U2 M U2
NB: you would have to start off with a U relative to where most people begin their Z-perms...

EDIT: nevermind, I don't do M, I do M', I keep forgetting that M follows L and not R.

Last edited:

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
what about pinky then ring? sometimes my middle finger hits the DBR corner as I'm trying to flick the M slice.

Also: Am I the only one who performs the Z-perm with U' and M instead of U and M'? (I find M' horribly annoying to execute compared to M)
NB: you would have to start off with a U relative to where most people begin their Z-perms...
I don't do M, but I do do U' and M'

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also: Am I the only one who performs the Z-perm with U' and M' instead of U and M'? (I find M horribly annoying to execute compared to M')
I do it with M' and U' too. I prefer doing M slices with my right hand with Roux as well.

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
I'm not sure if I'm ready for Look Ahead or not.. I can't really upload a video so I'll just explain what happens.

When I solve an F2L case, I either immediately insert the next pair or find the two pieces and hesitate a little before positioning them near each other to preform the alg. Does this indicate that I'm not ready to learn look-ahead? I also keep hearing that you should be able to solve F2L cases blindfolded.. If the pieces aren't next to each other and have to be aligned, would that be considered a case too?

lerenard

I'm not sure if I'm ready for Look Ahead or not.. I can't really upload a video so I'll just explain what happens.

When I solve an F2L case, I either immediately insert the next pair or find the two pieces and hesitate a little before positioning them near each other to preform the alg. Does this indicate that I'm not ready to learn look-ahead? I also keep hearing that you should be able to solve F2L cases blindfolded.. If the pieces aren't next to each other and have to be aligned, would that be considered a case too?

If you try to look ahead and find it too difficult, you're not ready. Otherwise just go for it. And yes, you should be able to solve any f2l pair from any starting position blindfolded. I'm working right now on solving my 2x2x2/3 blind right now and it's not that difficult because you can just imagine them moving around as you move the cube. If that's too hard for you then you need to work on the best way to handle each case. Once you can solve any f2l pair blindfolded start working on doing two pairs. This is more difficult because you have twice as many pieces to account for, but with practice you should be able to do it. Eventually you'll just get to the point in sighted solves where dealing with the current pieces requires little to no brainpower and you will just naturally be looking around the cube for the next pieces you need.

hi i'm sub 13 for 3 months and i want to improve that.I've heard about F2LL and VHLS,i think it could make my avg better.But i don't know what should i learn? Learn all of them or just one?

Arkwell

Cross solving software?

Guys, is there a site or software that solves crosses so I can compare my cross solutions to optimal solutions?