• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is for asking one-answer questions regarding hardware - such as mods, stickers, and lubricants.

I bought my Dayan Zhanchi on eBay, and when I received it, its interiors had, and still have, dust in them.
I don't find any oily lubricant in it, so I FEEL that the dust has been added as a lube.
I don't have a good lube at home either, so should I clean it up?
Does anybody else have this situation?

I mean that the dust may be the only lube within the cube... and I don't have a good lube either.
So... what do I do?

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetSolver

WCA
2014SWEE01
I bought my Dayan Zhanchi on eBay, and when I received it, its interiors had, and still have, dust in them.
I don't find any oily lubricant in it, so I FEEL that the dust has been added as a lube.

I mean that the dust may be the only lube within the cube... and I don't have a good lube either.
So... what do I do?

I suggest you clean it out with some lightly damp paper towl. I also think you should buy some lube such as Lubix or Shock Oil. Although with that being said, if you feel that it doesn't effect the feel of the cube, I don't think this procedure is necessary.

Last edited:

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel

So... what do I do?

If it feels good, leave it. To be honest if you get a cube feeling nice, the best thing you can do is not mess with it. Especially with 3x3x3s

TRT

nothing much just that Weilong v2 Has 3 piece assebly for the corners...such that a stickerless cube is possible...However Some say that there is some changes is the feel and that it feels slightly more sandy...its barely noticeable..

TRT

Cube Lubrication

Hi i just got a moyu 7x7 and 5x5. Should i do a couple of 100 solves on it braek it in then lubricate it.. Or should i lubricate it?

Thanks in advance!
;)

pdilla

How about the difference between a Weilong II and an Aolong? They look nearly identical.

Pardon my ignorance...

Remlap

Hello, I recently bought a Moyu Weilong for speed cubing and when i opened it i dropped the washer and lost it, so i really need to go buy a new one, so i was wondering if there was any way to figure out the size of the washer inside so i can go out and buy a new one?

Thanks,
Remlap

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How about the difference between a Weilong II and an Aolong? They look nearly identical.

Pardon my ignorance...
Weilongs turn faster, and have a more buttery feeling, but don't have as easy of corner cutting and lock up a little bit more. AoLongs are more controllable and scratchy feeling. I personally like WeiLongs more, but most people prefer AoLongs. If you can, buy both and then pick one. Both are amazing cubes.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello, I recently bought a Moyu Weilong for speed cubing and when i opened it i dropped the washer and lost it, so i really need to go buy a new one, so i was wondering if there was any way to figure out the size of the washer inside so i can go out and buy a new one?

Thanks,
Remlap
I guess you could take another washer from the cube out and measure it then see if you can buy one, but I think your best bet is to buy another hardware set so thst you can insure thst it will fit.

Remlap

Okay sounds good, thanks for the help, i didn't know if like the patent or something like that had the washer size.

Thanks,
Remlap

JediJupiter

WCA
2014DICK01
I ordered a fangshi DIY cube from Lightake, and I got an assembled fangshi in the post. I was expecting it to come in pieces, so I could build it myself. Did the shop misread my order?

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I ordered a fangshi DIY cube from Lightake, and I got an assembled fangshi in the post. I was expecting it to come in pieces, so I could build it myself. Did the shop misread my order?

I think the most likely reasons are that they simply packed the wrong item or ran out of DIYs.

pdilla

Weilongs turn faster, and have a more buttery feeling, but don't have as easy of corner cutting and lock up a little bit more. AoLongs are more controllable and scratchy feeling. I personally like WeiLongs more, but most people prefer AoLongs. If you can, buy both and then pick one. Both are amazing cubes.

Thanks!

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, you take it apart like you would another 3x3. Turn one layer 45 degrees, and then try to take out an edge from that layer. It should just pop right out unless the tensions are really tight. You may have to put some force into it.
I have an adjustable one, and it's impossible to pop an edge piece out without completely unscrewing a layer. You can't just turn it 45 degrees and take out a piece.