• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2008: Weekly competiton results & rankings

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Guys, just so you all know, organizing and holding all of the results takes a lot of time. I remember when I handled it about a year ago, and all we had was 2x2-5x5 speedsolving, it took me several hours each week to organize and update records. Considering that Arnaud has a full time job, and the amount of data for each weekly competition these days, I find it quite impressive that he gets all the scrambles going each week.

Please, give Arnaud some time. He will post them when he has them ready, rest assured.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Arnaud is indeed not dead, but I have been on vacation (skiing) and away from the computer where all of the results are stored. Sunday/Monday everything from 2007 will be posted and maybe even some of 2008.
Alright!
On Tuesday, Olympicubes will bring out the 6x6x6, and on Wednesday Yish is boarding a plain to fly to Arnaud and demonstrate his skills. ;)

jeff081692

WCA
2012JAME03
YouTube
Visit Channel
And Arnaud will tell us that Yish really does have a super fast method and everybody will learn it and adapt it to the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 and in the next competition all those world records will break.

I also understand how hard it is to catch up with things. So the wait makes when the results come that much better.

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where are those? Am I blind?
I intended to sum up the results for last year (at slow pace).
Are they gone now? (Not sticky enough?)

If you look towards the bottom of the page, there is a "display options" box. The default setting is to only show threads from the past 100 days, but if you change that, you should be able to see all of the old threads.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Only do that if you have a lot of extra free time. All I need to finish the results from "Worlds 2007" to "Mats takes over" are about 3 days with nothing much to do. But since I only seem to have 1 of those days once a month....

MatsBergsten

Premium Member
WCA
2008BERG04
Only do that if you have a lot of extra free time. All I need to finish the results from "Worlds 2007" to "Mats takes over" are about 3 days with nothing much to do. But since I only seem to have 1 of those days once a month....

It has many purposes:

Several people has actually expressed an opinion that it could still be fun to
get the results from last year.

I get a pause now and then in my building efforts (renovating part of our house)
and get to practise each weeks 3x3bld (and maybe some 4x4bld too :)

I get to further develop the program(s) so I don't need to spend much time
each week checking on 2009:s wc.

And as to have "taken over" I do not really know about that. With a little (or
not so little) further development I may not be ashamed any more to let
someone other have the program so then you can run it yourself :) I may get
less enthusiastic with cubing when I realize that I was "last in the lists for all
but the blind events for X weeks in a row".

We'll take a little step at a time.