ZZ-Spike Walk Through Solve: ZZ on Megaminx

Discussion in 'How-to's, Guides, etc.' started by GenTheThief, May 18, 2017.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. I had gotten some request to make a walk through solve for ZZ-Spike when I first proposed it back in September. Well, I've finally decided to make one.

If my rules for recognizing EO weren't clear enough, here are them as I originally described them:
    If you know standard ZZ EO Rules, this shouldn't be too hard to understand, and you probably don't need these.

Label your last four S2L faces 1-4, cw or ccw, it actually doesn't matter.

If an odd numbered colour is touching an odd numbered face, it is good. If it is touching an even numbered face, it is bad.

If an even numbered colour is touching an even numbered face, it is good. If it is touching an odd numbered face, it is bad.

If an odd numbered colour is on an even numbered face, but they are not touching, it is good.

If an even numbered colour is on an odd numbered face, but they are not touching, it is good.

If an even numbered colour is on an even numbered face, and they are not touching, it is bad

If an odd numbered colour is on an odd numbered face, and they are not touching, it is bad.

Here are the debut posts: 1 2 3

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Malkom and AlphaSheep like this.
  2. AlphaSheep

AlphaSheep Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Gauteng, South Africa
    WCA:
    2014GRAY03
    Thanks for making this!

For EO recognition, what I came up with is pretty much the same rules you use, but I think of them in terms of opposite and adjacent faces:
    • The two even faces are opposite to a each other
    • The two odd faces are opposite to each other
    • Even faces are adjacent to odd faces and odd faces are adjacent to even faces
    Then the EO recognition rules become simple.
    • For each centre:
      • If the edge has a matching or opposite sticker :
        • Sticker connected to centre: Good edge
        • Sticker pointing away from centre: Bad edge
    • Else edge has adjacent sticker:
      • Sticker connected to centre: Bad edge
      • Sticker pointing away from centre: Good edge

GenTheThief likes this.