• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ZBLL trainer

YTCuber

The other problem is that writing a solver which doesn't generate long solutions is difficult, and solving takes a long time. I don't want to solve the ZBLL sub1, wait 5 seconds for generating the scramble and then scramble 30 moves (30=10 random moves+20 optimal solution moves).

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
The site does not save the selected cases, which is really bad, cause then you have to select the cases again and again...
If that could be fixed, that would be great. Cause otherwise i wouldn't use the site not that much anymore i guess. cause that gets really tedious.

Neel Gore

This is awesome Roman! The only downside I see is how it sometimes gives 2gen scrambles. This ruins recognition practice for me, because I can already narrow the case down to 72. Is there a way you can fix this? Other that that problem, this is perfect!
Thanks so much!

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks all for your feedback and feature requests! I will handle some of them this weekend and create a repository on GitHub.

TODO list:
- save selected cases in cookies
- remove 2gen scrambles
- fix lauout issues on small displays
- show suggested alg

Pyjam

Premium Member
Great tool. Many thanks.

I think there's a little problem with the Pi case RFFL O/C. The oblique bar on U is in the wrong direction.

A request: would you mind adding a way to change the colors? At least a second choice: black background + green letters.

Pyjam

Premium Member
Nostalgia of my young ages when I used to play with my 8088 @ 8 MHz ;)

Thank you. More seriously, large white plages often hurt old eyes.

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Added color settings feature
LnXveGlNpY8.jpg

@Pyjam

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
A function to quickly deselect the case that I just solved would be nice. So if there is a case that I know quite well I could just deselect it so that i slowly getting just cases which i still need to learn. And if I i don't have any cases selected I'm full zbll ;)

Is that possible?

Last edited:

Neel Gore

Is it possible to save certain presets for case selection? For example, the user can make a preset that includes every case they know, and that will get saved. That way, if the user wants to only drill a set later on, their preset of all their algs doesn't get lost.

Also, when I stop the timer, sometimes it starts again. Is it possible to implement a hold to start so this doesn't happen?

Last edited:

Sebastien

Premium Member
WCA
2008AURO01
A function to quickly deselect the case that I just solved would be nice. So if there is a case that I know quite well I could just deselect it so that i slowly getting just cases which i still need to learn. And if I i don't have any cases selected I'm full zbll ;)

Is that possible?

I was about to suggest the exact same feature. :)

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was about to suggest the exact same feature. :)

Done.

I183NB4Hfxo.jpg

Just note that if you're training your COLL, removing the single case won't remove other ZBLL cases from this COLL group.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Done.

I183NB4Hfxo.jpg

Just note that if you're training your COLL, removing the single case won't remove other ZBLL cases from this COLL group.

Hey Roman (kind of off topic), do you think it's possible in the future that you could make a 3style trainer? Where you select one target and then the 3rd is randomly generated?
Love your work but this would make me love it even more. :)

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
A few more updates:
The preview picture is now transparent and resizable;
Long touch on smartphones doesn't select the timer label.
Edit: you can download the offline version from the main page

Hey Roman (kind of off topic), do you think it's possible in the future that you could make a 3style trainer? Where you select one target and then the 3rd is randomly generated?
Love your work but this would make me love it even more. :)
Thanks! Have you tried this tool by @Keroma12? I believe a few people made 3style trainers as well, you can check the Software Area subforum. I have mine too, but it's for linux and customized for my preferences :p

Last edited:

Hazel

Premium Member
In the selection page, would it be possible to have an option or something so it shows three sides instead of two? Because I recognize many of my ZBLLs by looking at three so it takes a little while to figure out which case is which while I'm selecting them.
Great timer though, very helpful!!