XG (New Method Based on Fridrich!)

Discussion in 'General Speedcubing Discussion' started by Lucas Garron, Aug 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. And a few :fp:fp:fp:fp:fp for you. And if you don't know why, you deserve another 10 of them.

2. xXdaveXsuperstarXx

xXdaveXsuperstarXx Member

Jun 7, 2009
    WCA:
    2009MURR01
    Yeah, whatever. I believe your username says it all.

3. brunson

brunson Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Westminster, CO
    WCA:
    2008BRUN01
    You should save your facepalms to sell on eBay, then maybe you can afford a sarcasm detector with enough left over for a sense of humor.

4. xXdaveXsuperstarXx

Jun 7, 2009
    WCA:
    2009MURR01
    Well, your sig has lead me to believe I already have one.

5. deepSubDiver

deepSubDiver Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Germany
    Cubefag reports in.
    I now trained this method a little and it is really effective. I sometimes manage sub 0 solves and it often happens to have a middle layer skip. Also, I optimized the algorithms a little and made them 1-gen. This really helps my TPS and obviously is the reason for the sub 0 solves.
    Amazing work, Lucas!
    This method should get a Wiki page!

6. xXdaveXsuperstarXx

Jun 7, 2009
    WCA:
    2009MURR01
    Okay, this really isn't funny any more. Seriously, it's dumb.

7. Kirjava

Kirjava Colourful

Mar 26, 2006
    WCA:
    2006BARL01
    YouTube:
    snkenjoi
    I don't think you get it.

Didn't you read the post? It's less algs!

8. fanwuq

fanwuq Member

Dec 5, 2007
    WCA:
    2008FANW01
    YouTube:
    fanwuq
    Yeah, that makes it the best method. Looks like your problem is solved.
    http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14875

9. puzzlemaster

puzzlemaster Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Sunnyvale, CA
    WCA:
    2008LAUD01
    YouTube:
    lordskull14
    Then an intelligent person would stop looking at the thread. Either that, or they'd grow a sense of humor and just go along with it. :rolleyes:

10. Ewks

Ewks Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    WCA:
    2007ASIK01
    YouTube:
    Eewks
    WOW! This is just awesome. You just don't have to think about anything anymore to get fast. This is perfect.

There's just one thing I would add to this method I'd maek all the algs one gen by doing cube rotations. like instead of RU I'd do RzR. They're easier to perform 'cause you just do like two Rs in a row.

11. deepSubDiver

deepSubDiver Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Germany
    That's what I did.
    http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226823#post226823

12. ManasijV

ManasijV Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Bangalore, India
    WCA:
    2011VENK02
    YouTube:
    ManasijV
    The 4LLL "Expert" LL is just too complicated for me. But I will spend a few months just practising them and getting the whole LL under one second. Sub-5 is possible. This is the future of cubing.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  13. edd5190

edd5190 Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Seattle, Washington
    WCA:
    2007ADSU01
    YouTube:
    edd5190
    Nice spelling.

Apparently you didn't realize that this was a joke. You can tell from the spelling mistakes and noobiness of Lucas' posts in this thread. Have you read his other posts? Compare those to the posts here and maybe you'll see that he was just acting.

Lucas on the XG thread:

14. shelley

shelley chang

Apr 23, 2006
    WCA:
    2004CHAN04
    If this is dumb, what do you call the person who fell for it?

15. Swordsman Kirby

Swordsman Kirby Member

Apr 29, 2006
    That was enough by itself.

16. puzzlemaster

puzzlemaster Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Sunnyvale, CA
    WCA:
    2008LAUD01
    YouTube:
    lordskull14
    Lol yea i read that and thought "there is no way he's serious about this."

17. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

Experiment over. Hypothesis confirmed.
    This thread has significantly more replies (55) than any serious ideas I've ever posted. The only threads I've ever started that gained more replies were SF09 (61) and the 2-gen contest (71).

Anyhow, the point wasn't so much a joke with which I wanted people to go along. It's supposed to make some of you realize that you're posting stuff which is just as stupid, with the pretense of knowing what you're doing. I wanted to capture all those minor-facepalm components I try to restrain myself from getting angry about.

As for the method, it's actually not bad for speed LBL. It's good if you want a high-TPS solve, or maybe if you want to show off with fast moves to people who don't care so much about the time.

18. Cride5

Cride5 Premium Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Scotland
    WCA:
    2009RIDE01
    Lol, my post on Phasing got a grand total of 0 replies. It must have been very very serious :rolleyes:

19. riffz

riffz Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Toronto (Canada)
    WCA:
    2009HOLT01
    YouTube:
    riffz
    Well I don't think my posts were stupid... I was just genuinely confused about this method being fast.

Although its funny, I did notice that you made quite a few spelling errors, which is definitely not like you.

20. IamWEB

IamWEB Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Right Here
    WCA:
    2009BOAR01
    As I read the first post I thought several times about how Lucas sounded like a random member here making a thread, I guess that means he did a good job?

Also, this whole test in general was a great idea, and it worked.