X-man Volt Square-1

Discussion in 'Hardware Area' started by Reed Merrill, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:31 AM.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Reed Merrill

Reed Merrill Member

May 14, 2017
    Canada
    Hey I just got my volt (stock version) and noticed there's no thread on the forums for that cube yet.

So let's discuss hardware, since I have heard that square-1s require a bit of modding to really have much longevity. Does anyone what size/type of lock-nut would fit in the volt? The Qiyi works with a 6-32 nylon lock nut, but in Rowe's cubicle video introducing the puzzle he mentioned he would have to find one that works in the volt.

The cubicle also recently made a magnetic volt, so it would be cool to hear about people's DIY volt magnetizations too.

2. I just heard about making just the Slice magnetic. I think I'm going to try that!

3. AidanNoogie

AidanNoogie Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Maine, USA
    I watched a video YT and someone used the extra magnets from an x man bell Pyraminx to magnetize the slice.

4. That's a great idea, it make is more stable! Could you send it to me?

5. AidanNoogie

AidanNoogie Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Maine, USA

6. Reed Merrill

Reed Merrill Member

May 14, 2017
    Canada
    Yeah, magnetizing the slice is the exact mod that the cubicle does on their Labs square-1s. That use what they call extra strength magnets, and they look rectangular. I'm still just learning algs and I'm not fast at all yet, so I'm not too worried about doing magnets, but looks really cool. Let's hear how it goes for you guys!

CornerCutter likes this.