• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Disqualified WR] Jeff Park BLD 17.35 insanely BLD round

turtwig

Aren't logos only illegal if they aren't at all distinguished by touch. (e.g. It's printed on the plastic)

3l2) The logo must not be distinguishable by feel for blindfolded events (i.e. no embossings, engravings, or overlay stickers).

The idea is that one can't tell the orientation of the cube by feeling it.

turtwig

Take transparent stickers and put them on the center caps. Problem solved

3j) Puzzles must be clean, and must not have any markings, elevated pieces, damage, or other differences that significantly distinguish any piece from a similar piece. Exception: a logo

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My thoughts, for whatever its worth:

1) If your cube makes it past the judges and scramblers, you should be able to use it, and you shouldn't be able to be retroactively DNFed for it. Also, no one would be calling for a DNF if it wasn't a record.

2) Someone who is capable of getting WR should know better than to use a logo on their cube for 3BLD

turtwig

1) If your cube makes it past the judges and scramblers, you should be able to use it, and you shouldn't be able to be retroactively DNFed for it. Also, no one would be calling for a DNF if it wasn't a record.

2) Someone who is capable of getting WR should know better than to use a logo on their cube for 3BLD

The record was on his last solve of the day, so presumably it also got past the scramblers on every other solve, and probably also in other competitions (and maybe his previous NAR).

I'm should sure where I stand on this. On the one hand, I think that if we're consistent with the regulations, the solve should be DNF'd, on the other hand, I remember hearing that Kabyanil Talukdar's WR had some problems, but due to the fact that it was not the competitors fault and that it didn't give him an advantage, they still counted it. A similar argument could be made here (though it is a bit weaker since he should've known about the logo rule).

U

Underwatercuber

1) just because your illegal cube makes it past judges and scramblers doesn’t mean you should get rewarded for it. If I brought a cube that was self solving and it made it past the judges and scamblers doesn’t mean my splcrs should count. They would dnfd it anyway once they noticed it regardless if was a record.

2) that’s the part that would make me personally dnf him even though I know he isn’t doing this to cheat. If this was like some 12 year old kids first comp doing bld and he averages 12 minutes I might let it slide but he knows the regs and should abide by them.

I remember hearing thatKabyanil Talukdar's WR had some problems,but due to the fact that it was not thecompetitors fault and that it didn't give him an advantage, they still counted it. A similarargument could be made here (though it is abit weaker since he should've known about the logo rule).

Not sure what the story is for that but personally I don’t see this as a “it wasn’t the competitors thought thing. Yeah he might have accidentally grabbed a cube with a logo but it’s 100% his fault for grabbing the cube. You can’t shift blame to the judges and scrambles just because they didn’t catch it. If someone cheats a WR (like that one delegate with clock) they aren’t going to let it slide “because none of the scramblers or judges caught it”. They would dnf him which I assume they will do with Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Underwatercuber

I’ve decided this forum site is cancerous.

There’s literally no proof.

Just congratulate the wrs and let the officials do their jobs.
But it is fun to debate and pretend our opinions actually matter :p just like taking politics