[Review] WitEden Wittwo 2x2x2 Version 1

Discussion in 'Puzzle Reviews' started by Tall5001, Sep 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Excellent

24 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Above Average

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Tall5001

Tall5001 Premium Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    WCA:
    2011METZ01
    YouTube:
    Tall5001
    This thread is for reviews of the Witeden WitTwo 2x2x2 Version 1. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
    • When the puzzle was purchased:
    • Thoughts on the puzzle:

What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [youtubehd]86m1RvRGELI[/youtubehd]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
  2. Yes We Can!

Yes We Can! Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Cambridge, UK
    WCA:
    2009DIEC01
    YouTube:
    FCCZJ1903
    [Video] WitTwo 2x2 2.77 avg12 + review

Buy it at http://www.witeden.com/goods.php?id=353
    Review starts at 2:32.
    It's definitely a very good 2x2. Btw, the stickers on my cube are not the ones that come with it; I used cubesmith stickers for mine.

The statistics for the average of 12:
    Average of 12: 2.77
    1. 1.97 R F' U R' U' F R F' U' R' U'
    2. (4.09) F' U2 R' F2 R U' R2 F2 U' R' U'
    3. 2.43 F R2 F' U R F2 U' R F R2 U'
    4. 3.17 R2 F' U' R F2 U' R2 U' F R' U'
    5. 2.62 U' F R U' F R' U' F2 U' R' U'
    6. 2.72 R' U' R2 U' R' F R2 F U' R' U'
    7. 2.87 F2 U2 R' U F2 U' R' F U R' U'
    8. 3.10 F U' R2 U2 R' F' R2 F U' R U'
    9. 3.73 U2 R U2 F' R' F2 U R U R' U'
    10. (1.88) F U F U' F R2 U2 F' U' R' U'
    11. 2.02 U2 R2 F U R F2 U' R' U' R' U'
    12. 3.04 F R U' F2 R' F U R' F R' U'

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  3. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Premium Member

Dec 31, 2011
    England
    YouTube:
    ThomasJECubing
    Where the puzzle was purchased: lubixcubes.com
    When the puzzle was purchased: 8th January 2012 (arrived 20th January 2012)
    Thoughts on the puzzle: Love this cube. It was my first 2x2 cube, and I could learn Ortega within 2 days. Within 3 days, I had sub-10 averages. Corner cuts over 45, and reverse corner cutting is around 20. Hasn't popped on me yet, although once I thought I popped it. The shipping was a bit slow, but the cube was worth the wait.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
  4. Magellanic

Magellanic Member

Jul 5, 2011
    WCA:
    2011MCPH01
    Where the puzzle was purchased: lubixcubes.com
    When the puzzle was purchased: No idea(sometime in December)... Not bad shipping
    Thoughts on the puzzle: Really good 2x2. I was using an old Lanlan previously and was averaging about 4.0x with ortega. When I got this cube my average dropped to around 3.6x. It's crispy but it turns really fast. I would definitely recommend it. It's quite pricey but worth it...

5. jblake17

jblake17 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Singapore
    WCA:
    2013BULL01
    YouTube:
    jblakeb1
    What do you think about this cube against the v-cube 2? I am unsure of which I should get.

6. HelpCube

HelpCube Member

Nov 16, 2009
    My Stackmat
    YouTube:
    HelpCube
    They're both quite good, but I'd go with the type C simply because it has better corner cutting and reverse corner cutting. However, if you're looking for a super smooth cube, v-cube is the way to go.

7. pi.cubed

pi.cubed Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Convinsa did a comparison of the Type C, V Cube and LanLan.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  8. Spaxxy

Spaxxy Member

Where the puzzle was purchased: Amazon
    When the puzzle was purchased: July 1, arrived July 8
    Thoughts on the puzzle: I actually had to send the first one back. One of the internal pieces was missing. The first one arrived July 5, but I sent it back to Amazon for credit, bought a new one, and got it several days later. Luckily, this one was complete. The puzzle turns very nicely; I love the crispy feel. Even though I haven't lubed it yet (I'm out of lube), it turns amazingly well. The size is nice, it corner cuts well, and doesn't lock up. It's pretty pricey (More so than most 2x2s), but it's definitely worth the price. If the first one I ordered didn't come incomplete, I would have to give this puzzle a near perfect score.