• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What's Happening to Your Times at Competitions?

Do your times go up at competitions?

• Yes

• Not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rubix Cubix

WCA
2016GLOZ01
As a few other people have said I tend to do better at the events I practice the least, maybe because I feel less pressure to do good in them.

At my last comp I practiced Square-1 loads and had a 40 second home average but then completely fluffed the comp solves with a 1:20, 51 seconds. Yet 4x4 and skewb I did surprisingly well in

applezfall

WCA
2016NAGR01
I've noticed two phenomena.

Firstly, I do better at longer events and worse at shorter events. For shorter events, including 3x3, there's no time to recover from nerves. For longer events there's time to calm down and the comp pressure translates to better concentration.

Secondly, the more I care, the worse I do. I like to have focus events for each comp since I have limited practice time, but I do then tend to put myself under more pressure in that event.
yea that happens to me I do terrible in 2x2 in comp (I got a 3.93 and 4.23 avg when I avged 2.8 and my pb avg in comp is still 3.65 )I events like 4x4 I do pretty well(I got 1:17 avg while I avged 1:25)

I_<3_SCS

2x2 is my favorite event. Of course it matters! :)

But why is 2x2 ur fav event?

cubing master

WCA
2014ROBE05
I typically do better in events that I care about less. For some reason, I always do really well in clock, Even though I absolutely hate clock. It is the same with 6x6 and 7x7, except for the fact that I hate them less. If it is an event that takes a little longer, like megaminx or 4x4, I do really well. But when it is 3x3, I get really nervous and I mess up more.