• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] What is a quiet 3x3 cube?

YesManQ8

Gans 356 is quiet but it is louder than ShengShou Aurora V3. The latter being very quiet and decent cube for solving at the same time. You will be surprised how quiet it is specially after lubing it.

I have both and I needed a quiet cube to do some magic tricks to friends and family where I position the cube 4 moves away from being solved, do some "false shuffles" then hold it in a way that looks very well scrambled then I put it in a bag and solve it in 1 sec while removing it to show it magically solved itself to people :p

So yeah the Aurora works best.

Praetorian

YouTube
Visit Channel
Which of these is the most quiet and how quiet is it? Yuxin3x3, Moyu Tanglong, or Mini Aolong

from what I remember yuxin isn't that loud, definitely a little quieter than other cubes, TangLong is somewhat quiet and actually has a nice pleasing crisp sound, reminds me of a 357, and sorry but I have no idea about the mini aolong as I've never touched one in my life

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
"My names mater, like tuhh'mater but without the 'tuhh'" - Mater
more on topic i agree with 59er the 356 is quite quiet =)

ftfy

I really like fiftyniner's description, 356 is so much quieter than the Weilong. If only it didn't lock as much...
Speaking of Weilongs, my fullsize V2 is ridiculously loud, while my Weilong mini, which is basically the exact same pieces as the V2 in a smaller mold, is about the same as the Gans 356.

YesManQ8

ftfy

I really like fiftyniner's description, 356 is so much quieter than the Weilong. If only it didn't lock as much...
Speaking of Weilongs, my fullsize V2 is ridiculously loud, while my Weilong mini, which is basically the exact same pieces as the V2 in a smaller mold, is about the same as the Gans 356.

People say it no longer locks with the new center caps released. Did you try them?

fiftyniner

My new caps are now with the post office...

Meanwhile I have modded the existing caps, and the lockups are reduced substantially.
[and because I have also reduced the overall size of the caps slightly, contact with the other pieces are reduced, making the cube faster :tu]

deadcat

Resurrecting this, any new or updated recommendations for good quiet cubes?

Sion

The Gans 356s and Gans 356s v2 are both the quietest cubes.

The 356s is faster while the 356s v2 is more controllable.

D

Daniel Lin

I don't have a gans but from Felik's videos it sounds really quiet

My aolong v2 is pretty loud though