• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
I’ve tried a whole bunch of new releases at comps, looked at reviews, and searched stores. I can’t seem to find a 3x3 for my style. My main rn is a YAN3 on tight tensions, and I like it. But it doesn’t work well enough. I can’t seem to set it up right. Whenever I solve, there is inconsistency in stability. Any suggestions?
Edit: Really sorry about the post, I'm kinda new to this website.
Stability is really important to me too. The only thing that has really worked for me is magnets. Currently my main is a Gan Air SM on tight tensions and it's by far the best cube I've ever used. If magnetic cubes are outside your budget, buying a set of magnets and glue and making a DIY magnetic cube is a fun (and cheap) project.

If you are against using a magnetic cube, the only non-magnetic puzzle I've enjoyed lately is the Valk. On slightly tight tensions with some fast lube it is really stable, if almost blocky, but I really loved it.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
The MF3RS2 is a cheaped out version of the Thunderclap V2 and has a very weird feeling to it. I would not recommend it.
What don't you like about the MF3RS2, it is very controllable and with lubicle one can be turned at almost whatever speed you want.
Note: I average 14 with the gts2m and 13 with the MF3RS2 so I guess I'm weird.

What don't you like about the MF3RS2, it is very controllable and with lubicle one can be turned at almost whatever speed you want.
Note: I average 14 with the gts2m and 13 with the MF3RS2 so I guess I'm weird.

I don't know if it's just mine, but my MF3RS2 has a strange and unpleasant feeling to it. It's hard to describe, but I'll try. It almost feels like the plastic was very soft and would collapse on itself. Almost like a marshmallow. It sounds very weird but it's the best description I can come up with.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know if it's just mine, but my MF3RS2 has a strange and unpleasant feeling to it. It's hard to describe, but I'll try. It almost feels like the plastic was very soft and would collapse on itself. Almost like a marshmallow. It sounds very weird but it's the best description I can come up with.
My MF3RS2 feels completely different, actually quite hard plastic so you may have got a bad one.

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
So I'm buying a xinghen from www.speedcube.co.nz and I was just wondering if it was any good? My favourite cube is the valk 3 so I'm wondering if the xinghen is anything like it.
Xinghen is my favorite 2x2 still and I absolutely love the Valk 3 but they aren't really alike. The Xinghen has buttery plastic and an overall soft and springy turning feel, whereas my Valks have always felt hard, clacky, and dense.

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
Help me choose between thuderclap v1 and mf3rs2!!
MF3RS2, absolutely no question.

The Thunderclap V1 was like the last good cube from the "Aolong era". It held its own against the Aolong, Hualong, Meiying, etc. but IMO it's just not good when compared to today's designs. The MF3RS2 is going to outperform it in almost every way. The only way I can recommend it is if you just have to have that round, springy, "bubbly" cubie feel.

Botwinder

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and was wondering what cube I should get. I currently have an mf3rs, an mf3rs2 (which I bring to school every day), and a gts2m which I don't feel comfortable taking to schoool because I've heard that the magnets are prone to falling off. If I get a new cube what should it be? I'm looking for a slightly more stable cube, and was thinking of getting a valk 3, valk power, or a gan 356 air sm. What do you recommend?

Edit: spelling error, as 1001010101001 noticed

Last edited:

WCA
2017WENR01
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and was wondering what cube I should get. I currently have an mf3rs, an mf3rs2 (which I bring to school every day), and a gts2m which I don't feel comfortable taking to schoool because I've heard that the magnets are prone to falling off. If I get a new cube what should it be? I'm looking for a slightly more stable cube, and was thinking of getting a valk 3, valk power, or a gan 356 sir sm. What do you recommend?
If you want a stable cube, get the Valk Power.
Also what is Gan 356 sir? Do you mean Gan Air?

Hero

There seems to be some sort of controversy over this. Even many top-end Qiyi-sponsored speedcubers are saying there's barely a difference between the 2 cubes.

Last edited: