• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Torrent

Thanks for the video.

Anyone here actually have or used the two cubes, because there is only so much you can trust videos as they may be sponsored. The Mf3rs2 seems to be exactly the same as the yulong to me at the moment, so im not sure if its worth upgrading.

The Torrent

What is the perfect cube to get with my turning style?

1. Smooth cubes are my specialty.
2. I don't like fast, uncontrollable cubes.
3. I like at least 30 degree corner cutting.
4. Very locky cubes are not my favorites.
5. Magnets can be a choice, but not necessary.

Thanks ahead of time! (i can't do much, but I'll like your post?)
Whether it is fast or smooth, i'd say it depends on what lube you use.

I've been recommended the MF3RS2, so i guess i recommend getting that. (I haven't got it myself, so cant really say much).

As for speed and smoothness, the higher weight lube you use, the smoother, but slower it is. I use weight 5 for the core and 3 for the pieces (with a bit of maru once or twice a week). You could use weight 4 for the pieces, or even weight 5. For more help on lube, go to the lube thread: https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/lubrication-thread.21212/page-150

greentgoatgal

What is the perfect cube to get with my turning style?

1. Smooth cubes are my specialty.
2. I don't like fast, uncontrollable cubes.
3. I like at least 30 degree corner cutting.
4. Very locky cubes are not my favorites.
5. Magnets can be a choice, but not necessary.

Thanks ahead of time! (i can't do much, but I'll like your post?)
I would probably say get a gans.

The Torrent

Really? Do you even bother to read the replies directed at you? I posted 2 links for you and you still insist you can't find anything about these cubes.
Oh sorry, i didnt even read your comments.
Its really hard navigating this on my phone, (ios 11 is quite buggy) so only read the comments that are quoting me. Apologies. I have read your comments now, thanks for your help.

The Torrent

Really? Do you even bother to read the replies directed at you? I posted 2 links for you and you still insist you can't find anything about these cubes.
When i post comments, i don't refresh my page when i next check for replies. Sometimes i don't see my own comment there so i just type a new comment as i think it hasn't come up, accidental missing the ones that would have came if i refreshed. Apologies.

Also, that message was moved here from a different thread, started before you answered, so that's another reason.

Gamadan

Hey guys, I'm currently searching for a 3x3 speedcube that's great without any lube at all. Do you guys know any kind of 3x3 speedcubes (modern) that are great without lube?

Abare Killer

Hey guys, I'm currently searching for a 3x3 speedcube that's great without any lube at all. Do you guys know any kind of 3x3 speedcubes (modern) that are great without lube?
Yuexiao Pro, it comes it tons of lube and after the break in, it feels amazing.

Gamadan

Does the MF3RS, yuexiao pro, and weilong gts v2 perform well without any lube? Will their turning still be excellent? I have a weilong gts but when I removed the lube and kept on using it, it performed so horrible with a sluggish feel to it (even becoming slower than my aolong v2 that has no lube) with many lockups.

The Torrent

I would say lube improves all cubes equally, but just buy a bottle of traxxas that'll last you a lifetime, don't cheap out.

The Torrent

Does the MF3RS, yuexiao pro, and weilong gts v2 perform well without any lube? Will their turning still be excellent? I have a weilong gts but when I removed the lube and kept on using it, it performed so horrible with a sluggish feel to it (even becoming slower than my aolong v2 that has no lube) with many lockups.
Why don't you just buy some lube??

The Torrent

What would be a better idea. i average 1:03 at 3x3 at the moment, would it be better for me to buy a 4x4 now, or should i get a better 3x3, like a Valk3, I'm thinking of, and get better at 3x3 first??