• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

JTay

I have a magnetic Yan 3 that I love and have done about 12k solves on. It's wonderful and has probably the best tacticle feel of any cube I've tried. I tried upgrading to a Boron Air UM, but I'm not as much of a fan of it as the Yan 3. What do you believe would be a valid replacement for the Yan 3? I don't like the Valk, and the Air line is good but not my favorite. I'll also want to magnetize it or have it be pre-magnetized. Thanks y'all.

The Blockhead

WCA
2017ANDE05
Hello. Right now I'm trying to find some good big cubes to use, specifically 5x5, 6x6, and 7x7. I'm currently coming from a YuXin 5x5, a MoYu AoShi 6x6, and a MoYu Cubic AoFu 7x7. Price and condition out of the box are not huge concerns but should be considered and I would prefer a puzzle that does not need a large amount of setting up before it becomes a good cube. I'm mostly looking for puzzles that are extremely fast while also being stable, with minimal lockups if possible. I currently average 3:00 on 5x5, 5:00 on 6x6, and 8:00 on 7x7.

Please let me know what your recommendations are and if you think I should switch at all.

Ghost Cuber

WCA
2015WINT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello. Right now I'm trying to find some good big cubes to use, specifically 5x5, 6x6, and 7x7. I'm currently coming from a YuXin 5x5, a MoYu AoShi 6x6, and a MoYu Cubic AoFu 7x7. Price and condition out of the box are not huge concerns but should be considered and I would prefer a puzzle that does not need a large amount of setting up before it becomes a good cube. I'm mostly looking for puzzles that are extremely fast while also being stable, with minimal lockups if possible. I currently average 3:00 on 5x5, 5:00 on 6x6, and 8:00 on 7x7.

Please let me know what your recommendations are and if you think I should switch at all.
MoYu WeiChuang GTS or QiYi WuSHuang for 5x5. I am currently selling a White and Stickerless WeiChuang. The White one feels amazing already but I can set up the Stickerless one.

The Blockhead

WCA
2017ANDE05
MoYu WeiChuang GTS or QiYi WuSHuang for 5x5. I am currently selling a White and Stickerless WeiChuang. The White one feels amazing already but I can set up the Stickerless one.

Alright, thanks for the feedback. Although the funny thing is I already have a WeiChuang in black that I got for Christmas, I just haven't set it up yet. So I'll look into it. But thanks for the offer anyway. :)

Ghost Cuber

WCA
2015WINT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, thanks for the feedback. Although the funny thing is I already have a WeiChuang in black that I got for Christmas, I just haven't set it up yet. So I'll look into it. But thanks for the offer anyway. :)
Sounds good. I suggest relatively tight tensions and a little bit of heavy lube (Weight 3/30k and above) combined with more of a lighter lube (Maru, DNM-37, Lubicle 1, etc...)

The Blockhead

WCA
2017ANDE05
Hi
I Need suggestions for a cube that is kinda mnid-boggling but not too hard to solve and doesnt Need loads of algorithms to solve.
i thought of a hexaminx cause ist just a megaminx which is basically just a Little tricky 3x3. But lightake doesnt offer a hexaminx and i Need to order from lightake.

any ideas?

I would personally recommend the Pyraminx and maybe 2x2, as they are very simple and they are official events. Really the only thing to a Pyraminx is blockbuilding methods, and I've seen several 1-algorithm methods on the Pyraminx, and 2x2 is just the corners of a 3x3. For unofficial events, I would personally recommend some form of smaller order cuboid, like the Floppy Cube (1x3x3) and the Domino Cube (2x3x3).

jaredye

I'm interested in getting a Wuque M. Does anyone know if there is any difference between the versions offered by SCS and Cubicle? This is sort of expensive and I don't want to buy both of them.

Same with the Wushuang M. Anyone has any idea about the SCS version vs the Cubicle version?

WCA
2016DERO04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm interested in getting a Wuque M. Does anyone know if there is any difference between the versions offered by SCS and Cubicle? This is sort of expensive and I don't want to buy both of them.

Same with the Wushuang M. Anyone has any idea about the SCS version vs the Cubicle version?
Differences should be minimum, if any. SCS, however, apparently has a much longer warranty (like 3 months? versus 1 week from TC).

a3533

YouTube
Visit Channel
Qiyi sail, Cyclone boys feiwu, Qiyi Warrior W, Qiyi Warrior or MF3RS?
These cubes are under my budget, which is RM15 (about 3~4 US dollar) which are the best? I want the cube that smooth and less lock up even after a long time using it.(I am using YJ Guanlong it smooth at first but it lockup frenquently after long time using it.) Thanks for any suggestion anyway.