• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought a Xinghen M from thecubicle.us and I love it, but it's the first new 2x2 I've bought since my original LanLan in like 2010 so keep that in mind.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Give a old man some advice ....
Time to get a new 7x7, just can't decide which one, The YuXin HuangLong or the QiYi WuJi.
Currently got a cubic AoFu.
I have the HuangLong, though not the WuJi, so I can only speak from experience for one, but...
The HuangLong is apparently slightly larger than the WuJi by a number of direct comparisons (even though it's listed otherwise), but it's still a good size. The stickerless tiles do have a tendency to fall out, but once you replace the offending tiles with the spares it comes with the issue will mostly disappear. The WuJi comes in stickered, and its pieces are the normal split design, so it doesn't have that problem.
I had to go through a lot of trouble to get rid of spring noise in the HuangLong, but now that that's gone it's one of the smoothest puzzles I own. I've heard it described as 'two flat surfaces rubbing against each other', and that's pretty much accurate. The WuJi has more feedback, it's lighter, and if the rest of the Wu line is anything to go by it has a more pronounced speed gradient across the layers, and has more of a swishy feeling.

I personally prefer the flat and smooth feeling for cubes larger than 4x4, so I got the YuXin and am very happy with it.

Parity Cuber

I recently lost my YueaXio (facepalm) and am looking for a new main. I currently have a N50 magnetic conversion kit that I was going to use on the YueaXio but now I can't. I was wondering what you guys would recommend for a new main, similar to the YueaXio but that can take N50's.
(I was never fully satisfied with the YueaXio so that's why I'm looking for something new)
Thanks!

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
I recently lost my YueaXio (facepalm) and am looking for a new main. I currently have a N50 magnetic conversion kit that I was going to use on the YueaXio but now I can't. I was wondering what you guys would recommend for a new main, similar to the YueaXio but that can take N50's.
(I was never fully satisfied with the YueaXio so that's why I'm looking for something new)
Thanks!
Weilong GTS, Valk 3, Gans Air, Weilong GTS2 are gonna be your top 4 3x3's on the market right now. Take a look at reviews of those and see which sounds the best to you. I am huge fan of the Valk but I currently main a Gans Air UM and I am loving it.

Parity Cuber

Weilong GTS, Valk 3, Gans Air, Weilong GTS2 are gonna be your top 4 3x3's on the market right now. Take a look at reviews of those and see which sounds the best to you. I am huge fan of the Valk but I currently main a Gans Air UM and I am loving it.
Thanks, I've had a Gan Air (and even made it magnetic) and didn't like it, and I've heard that the GTS 2 is better with weaker magnets... but I don't have to have a magnetic cube... so there's that. The Valk M does seem like something I may be interested in though... but the GTS 2 seems to be getting better reviews.

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks!
I love the Valk 3 and I have N35 magnets in it. It is awesome!

Parity Cuber

I think N35 might be a tiny bit weak, but I'm not sure about the N50s. I know Cubicle Labs uses N50 in the GTS.
I currently am using a Mini ShuangRen with N35's and I know that they are much to weak. The plastic seems to be about 1.5 millimeters thick on a Fangshi. Do you know how thick a Valk's plastic is?