• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I prefer the BoChuang. The sandiness goes away with breaking in and it's beautifully smooth. The Yuxin is still good but I don't seem to get as good times on it.

Sion

I hear the QiCheng is the best qiyi and the magnetic is the best moyu. I bet we may have a better skewb in the future ;) *nudge*

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
I'm assuming all the Wu-line cubes feel similar. I have the WuQue and the WuHua, and aside from the catching in the WuHua (which might not be present on newer batch or stickerless cubes, but that's not confirmed), they have a very similar, swishy, light feeling on the inner layers, and a very similar fluid or rolling feeling on the outer layers.
I've heard that the Wushuang and WuJi feel similar as well, which makes sense, because they're in the same series and use the same basic type of mechanism as the even-order cubes.

I'd say the Valk feels like the WuQue, except blocky. I don't know about 2x2, but I'd bet the corresponding QiYi cube is close.

Last edited:

CubingGenius

I'm assuming all the Wu-line cubes feel similar. I have the WuQue and the WuHua, and aside from the catching in the WuHua (which might not be present on newer batch or stickerless cubes, but that's not confirmed), they have a very similar, swishy, light feeling on the inner layers, and a very similar fluid or rolling feeling on the outer layers.
I've heard that the WuChuang and WuJi feel similar as well, which makes sense, because they're in the same series and use the same basic type of mechanism as the even-order cubes.

I'd say the Valk feels like the WuQue, except blocky. I don't know about 2x2, but I'd bet the corresponding QiYi cube is close.

Thanks. My Qiyi Wushuang feels a lot different compared to the Qiyi Wuque though. I think the puzzles are the same size so for me it's a bit harder to turn the layers and often misturn on it, whereas this never really happens with the Wuque.

What's the WuChuang? I can't find out what it is.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Thanks. My QiYi WuShuang feels a lot different compared to the QiYi WuQue though. I think the puzzles are the same size so for me it's a bit harder to turn the layers and often misturn on it, whereas this never really happens with the WuQue.
I did find it a little strange that they were the same size, I'd have to try it to comment though.

What's the WuChuang? I can't find out what it is.
A typo. I meant to say "WuShuang," but confused it with the "WeiChuang."

CubingGenius

I did find it a little strange that they were the same size, I'd have to try it to comment though.

A typo. I meant to say "WuShuang," but confused it with the "WeiChuang."

I've checked and it looks like they're the exact same size. The Qiyi Wushuang would probably be more suited to someone with smaller hands. My hands aren't that big and can turn it comfortably, but frequently it slightly misaligns an inner layer, especially during 3x3 stage and it disrupts the flow to fix it. Still a very good cube. Just appears to be quite different to the Wuque.

allanboss131

For 2x2-7x7, (excluding 4x4) which cubes have a feel as close as possible to the Qiyi Wuque while still performing very well?
I have the wuque and the wushuang and they feel similar. The other 2 wu- line cubes I don't have but I have tried and can say they feel pretty similar as well.

M

Malkom

I'm gonna buy my first skewb soon, I know there probably isn't any best and that it doesn't matter when your slow. But I just wondered, what's the best skewb as of right now?

Adriantrejo

I'm gonna buy my first skewb soon, I know there probably isn't any best and that it doesn't matter when your slow. But I just wondered, what's the best skewb as of right now?
Go for the Moyu magnetic, the best of the market in my opinion and not so expensive.

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

AtlasDevice

I was recently solving on my Alpha CC, and remembered loving the feeling of it, and still do.
So I was wondering, are there any 2013 or newer 3x3s that have a similar feel to the CC?

Hello everyone, I'm deciding to have a new 3x3 cube, and I am thinking of a thick plastic cube, which little amount of catches, and not extremely fast. I'm thinking about Guoguan Yuexiao, Moyu Weilong GTS, Aolong V2 and Qiyi Thunderclap V1, can I have some comments and comparisons between these cube, or with another cube is OK, too. Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Abare Killer

Hello everyone, I'm deciding to have a new 3x3 cube, and I am thinking of a thick plastic cube, which little amount of catches, and not extremely fast. I'm thinking about Guoguan Yuexiao, Moyu Weilong GTS, Aolong V2 and Qiyi Thunderclap V1, can I have some comments and comparisons between these cube, or with another cube is OK, too. Thanks so much.
Just get the Valk 3, no regrets, I had my Weilong GTS and Thunderclap V1 as my main before but after getting the Valk, I literally started hating the feel of weilong gts and TC V1.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just get the Valk 3, no regrets, I had my Weilong GTS and Thunderclap V1 as my main before but after getting the Valk, I literally started hating the feel of weilong gts and TC V1.
Yes, the valk3 is brilliant and it is getting cheaper on cube store sites now, I got it for £16 but I think you can now get it for £11 of cubezz but fyi I really don't like the aolong