• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Reprobate

I'm not sure what other options there are are for 4x4, but as a bit of a collecting nut, I have a LanLan, a Shengshou, and a Dayan+MF8. The Shengshou is by far the best. The LanLan is worse with lockups. The Dayan might have potential with some work, but I was disappointed with how stiff it was out of the box and haven't really played with it. Also it was over $20, compared to $9 or $10 for the other two.

Michael1026

I'm not sure what other options there are are for 4x4, but as a bit of a collecting nut, I have a LanLan, a Shengshou, and a Dayan+MF8. The Shengshou is by far the best. The LanLan is worse with lockups. The Dayan might have potential with some work, but I was disappointed with how stiff it was out of the box and haven't really played with it. Also it was over $20, compared to $9 or $10 for the other two.

I'm thinking of just buying an edge piece and stickers for my Shengshou, but I didn't really enjoy using it. It popped a lot.

xcuber123

YouTube
Visit Channel
This isn't about 3x3's or stuff it is about what puzzles i should get. The most fun ones. i.e a lingao magic, qj tiled pyraminx etc. I only have a 3x3 (zhanchi) and i want other cubes. Whatever puzzles you think are fun say them and also say the best one of their type. i.e shengshou 4x4 instead of 4x4

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This isn't about 3x3's or stuff it is about what puzzles i should get. The most fun ones. i.e a lingao magic, qj tiled pyraminx etc. I only have a 3x3 (zhanchi) and i want other cubes. Whatever puzzles you think are fun say them and also say the best one of their type. i.e shengshou 4x4 instead of 4x4

2x2, 4x4, 3x3x5, pyraminx, square 1, and 5x5 are pretty fun puzzles.

SweetSolver

WCA
2014SWEE01

The puzzles ottozing just mentioned are the main ones that I would recommend. Also, If you are going to get a 2x2 I strongly suggest a Ghost Hand. Tower cubes are also quite fun to play round with. (I don't personally own one but I have used my friends and it is surprisingly quite fun :))

FlyingFingers

Banned
Guhong V1 or V2?

I was thinking about getting a Guhong and I was wondering witch virsion is better? :confused: Thanks :3

Thunderbolt

YouTube
Visit Channel
What do you think about buying YJ 6x6. I heard it can misalign same as V-cube. I'm not good in doing modifications so pin mod isn't an option. I just like to know your opinion is this possible to deal with those misaligns and get good times with this cube.

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
What do you think about buying YJ 6x6. I heard it can misalign same as V-cube. I'm not good in doing modifications so pin mod isn't an option. I just like to know your opinion is this possible to deal with those misaligns and get good times with this cube.
The YJ doesn't lock up often, so you don't really need to worry about that. However, it feels really cheap and loose and explodes frequently. You should probably get a Shengshou 6x6 instead (or the v-cube, but as you said, you're not very good at modifications).

IPTN

Hi, I am newish to cubing and have only owned a store bought rubik brand cube. I have decided that I want a new cube, but never realized that there were so many out there and am a bit confused. Basically my problems with my old one are that it is hard to turn and locks up a lot. Something else, although I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done about it, is that now after extended use the stickers on the cube have become a mix between slick and stick (hard to describe, maybe like butter?). So I was wondering what advice you all might be able to offer me. Thanks in advance!

RNewms27

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I am newish to cubing and have only owned a store bought rubik brand cube. I have decided that I want a new cube, but never realized that there were so many out there and am a bit confused. Basically my problems with my old one are that it is hard to turn and locks up a lot. Something else, although I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done about it, is that now after extended use the stickers on the cube have become a mix between slick and stick (hard to describe, maybe like butter?). So I was wondering what advice you all might be able to offer me. Thanks in advance!

Other cubes are so significantly better that it is probably best to get one. If you do this, the Dayan Zhanchi, Guhong, and every other Dayan can be considered the best.

Dont get me wrong

Dont get me wrong
I'm a relatively new cuber (it's been a bit less than 6 months)
I was just wondering what 2x2x2 I should purchase
I already own:
3 rubiks brand 3x3x3s
1 Dayan white zhanchi
1 Lanlan master pyramorphinx
1 diansheng blade cube
1 qj two-layer super square

So my collection is just getting started
I just wanted to know what 2x2x/ to get so I don't spend a lot
I am only allowed about 5-10 US dollars