• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Welcome to the Speedcubing Help section - READ BEFORE POSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadHatter1213

i joined this site recently also, and been cubing (starting with layer method) since july 2010
my best time has been 54.55.
my friend introduced me to better cubes and i found my favorite lubix ultimate guhong
and i am working on fridrich method.
intuitive, takes some time to learn, F2L PLL OLL are killers but i hope to get sub30 sub20 soon!
this forum has helped me greatly in my cubing knowledge!! <3

danthecuber

WCA
2011SELZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i joined this site recently also, and been cubing (starting with layer method) since july 2010
my best time has been 54.55.
my friend introduced me to better cubes and i found my favorite lubix ultimate guhong
and i am working on fridrich method.
intuitive, takes some time to learn, F2L PLL OLL are killers but i hope to get sub30 sub20 soon!
this forum has helped me greatly in my cubing knowledge!! <3

Who is your friend?

Tillers

I've been able to solve the 3x3 since I was about 9. Last week I turned 40. I've been on the Friedrich method for about three weeks now and am averaging just under 75 seconds (average of 12) but despite doing solve after solve I don't seem to be getting quicker.

That in itself doesn't really worry me, but I don't know if I should be seeing an improvement or if I should relax and wait for a month or two to see my times improve. I have learned the 2 look OLLs and PLLs but only learned the F2L intuitively. I probably lose time looking for the pairs and sometimes I don’t match them as quickly as I should do.

I’m also not very quick on the cross, but I’m working on that.

Should I be learning the F2L algorithms, or just practicing and practicing?

I feel like I’m getting quicker all the time (I don’t always time myself) but then when I use the timer it seems to be the same.

Any tips would be gratefully received.

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You probably won't notice an improvement literally. Your times will just drop.

I'd learn algorithms for harder cases that you have trouble with, but don't learn F2L purely algorithmically.

In short, just keep practicing.

dkbrigzs

WCA
2011BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hello guys i DKbrigzs i'm new here, i started playing rubik's cube when i was 3 yrs old, and i solve it when i was in 16 yrs old with my own method i call it the ACF(all cross first) method then corners but i find it to slow because my sub is 28 sec. hope you can help me

FLYCUBE

Okay I'm new to this site . hehe
I don't know if i'm posting this right but my first post!!
Ok. I've been speedcubing for 4 months now.
and i average 15-18 sec!!
my pb is 11.86.
yeah. i'm not that new to speedcubing.
but i'm new to this site hehe.
i'm glad that i can post something here now.
cause til now, i just visited this site and read, only read.
Okay, hope i can talk more with you guys.
seeya

Status
Not open for further replies.