• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WCA Scores App

Herel

Hi everyone,

I have the pleasure to present the release of the WCA Scores App downloadable on Android on http://bit.ly/2ismF8A. It allows you to view your records, competitions, scores, and historics made during the official competitions.

Moreover, you have the possibility to follow your favorite cubers: Their records will be stored offline, as well as being informed with a notification if they beat their records.

I precise this app is open-source, without any commercial goal, and without any ads. (The source code is on https://github.com/hereldev/niviel)

I am an amateur developer, so there may be some bugs, so don't hesitate to report it.

Have a nice day!

PS: I am not affiliated with the World Cube Association

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
I'm personally not a fan of apps where a web-app solution will work. If apps were superior for things we do on the Internet we'd have been using them on our desktop platforms instead of browsers for the past 20 years... but we don't (I've long ditched my client email app for web-based email). Web based apps means only one fork for your application that works on all standards compliant platforms (assuming your app is standards compliant).

Granted, HTML over HTTP is designed as a document delivery system that we're still trying to force into being an application delivery system in 2017, but that's another bone to pick.

Herel

Hi,

Thank you for your answers

I have never done any Android development before, I don't a lot of experience in this environment. Moreover I made this app as an hobby, it took me 6 months to develop it.

Then, to answer to pglewis, I'd say I just made this app for fun and to add some features that the website doesn't support such as the offline functionality. However I totally agree with you on the fact that some desktop apps can be useless. I've also long ditched my client email app for web-based email.

Have a nice day!

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
Then, to answer to pglewis, I'd say I just made this app for fun and to add some features that the website doesn't support such as the offline functionality. However I totally agree with you on the fact that some desktop apps can be useless. I've also long ditched my client email app for web-based email.

Yeah, I shouldn't take away from what you've accomplished... I haven't even looked at the app yet but I will. Just couldn't resist the temptation to push my "native apps only when there's no other option" religion.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
A very nice app.
Suggestions:
  • In the Followers page have an add button as it's not obvious how to follow people.
  • When you click on Details of records could you list the comp as well as the times?
Thanks for doing this.

Herel

Hi,
Again, thanks a lot for your answers.

newtonbase, your suggestions could be interesting, but I haven't really understood the first one, could you more precise?

For the second suggestion, it is an excellent idea!

Kit Clement, have you tried the option in the toolbar where you can choose what events you want to list?

I hope I've answered to your questions.

Have a nice day!

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kit Clement, have you tried the option in the toolbar where you can choose what events you want to list?

I'm not sure which feature you're referencing, I'm just stating that the "chronological order" setting for the competition list on any profile is not working correctly. Anyone who has been to a competition without competing in 3x3 will see that competition on the bottom of the list regardless of when the competition occurred.

Herel

Hi,

Kit Clement, you're absolutely right, I've never noticed it before. I'll try to solve that and update the app as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot

Have a nice day!

PS: you may have noticed that English is not my native language. If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, or the sentences are too formal, don't hesitate to tell it!

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

Kit Clement, you're absolutely right, I've never noticed it before. I'll try to solve that and update the app as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot

Have a nice day!

PS: you may have noticed that English is not my native language. If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, or the sentences are too formal, don't hesitate to tell it!

I really like this app! :)

I did notice a couple very small English mistakes though. On the Profile screen of the introduction, it would probably be better to replace "historics" with "history." Also, on the Followers screen of the introduction, the "so as" is not really necessary. You can just say, "You can follow cubers to save their results offline..."

Herel

Hi everyone,

Kit Clement, I'm happy the PB notifications work !

I think I'll open a OneSkyApp account to offer the possibility for everyone to translate the app if they want in their native language

Have a nice day!

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Just got a PB notification for a competition I was at -- really like the page that tells you all of the rankings that improved!
That's a cool feature.

Just had a thought, is it possible to see rankings over time anywhere (on or off app)? For example, I want to see my 3x3 single ranking and my 4x4 average ranking over the last 10 years.