• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Video] Expert F2L (Russian) by Viktor Danilov

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As someone who loves learning new algs way too much, like... so much that it's a detriment to my progress... I love this series.

As someone who should stop learning new algs and get better at what he already knows... I curse this series.

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
Hello All,
I will be making a English translation of this video series.
So stay tuned for that.
And I will give proper credits to Victor, so Sir Victor, Can I make a video of this in English ?

If you speak Russian, I'd say do it. Victor is a super nice dude; emailed him before in regards to these F2Ls. Guarantee he'd be down for you making an English version.

Wik

WCA
2012DANI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello All,
I will be making a English translation of this video series.
So stay tuned for that.
And I will give proper credits to Victor, so Sir Victor, Can I make a video of this in English ?
No. I do not allow it to do. I do not tell, namely I show algorithms, and the translation into English is not important. Your video will be true plagiarism then. And I do not want it.

Wik

WCA
2012DANI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
But I have already started and have made 2 videos ??
You still wont allow me ?
I have given proper credits, Link to your video and link to your channel and even in-video I have said so.
You still wont allow me now ?
No. Before starting doing, it was necessary to contact me. I do not see sense that you do. I do not tell anything very important (!), I only show algorithms. Therefore video does not need the translation.

sk8erman41

WCA
2015BURK01
Any reason for this? I don't understand why you wouldn't want this made if he is crediting you directly in the video and in the descriptions. As an english speaker I would prefer to watch in english. If it was completely true that what you are saying in the video makes no difference, then why speak at all in YOUR videos? Not sure why you would be against this. If the purpose of creating the videos is to spread your knowledge to the community, how could making english versions of the videos be a bad thing?

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
how could making english versions of the videos be a bad thing?

I agree. UB, you could make your own video's just by showing your own versions. There is no plagiarism in just showing F2L cases. What is the problem Viktor? Surely you have put in major amount of work, but he is stating that he is crediting you directly.

DrKorbin

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any reason for this? I don't understand why you wouldn't want this made if he is crediting you directly in the video and in the descriptions. As an english speaker I would prefer to watch in english. If it was completely true that what you are saying in the video makes no difference, then why speak at all in YOUR videos? Not sure why you would be against this. If the purpose of creating the videos is to spread your knowledge to the community, how could making english versions of the videos be a bad thing?

Bcoz watches and likes and youtube partner program :p

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
Sorry for encouraging UB to make an English version, Viktor. I didn't see any problems with it.

As yor AlexMaass's comment, it seems like a good idea to upload an English versions on Viktor's Youtube channel directly. Gives him all the views and likes.

Ronxu

WCA
2010RONK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just selfish desires I guess. Wants people to see him speak an alien language and understand everything and his is the only almighty... No offense

I was going to shut up but this is just unbelievable. You can't just say things like that and add "No offense" in the end like it somehow makes it all good. There's nothing wrong with him wanting all the videos to be in his channel. He has worked hard on them and having you grab some of his hard earned views is just wrong. No means no, please quit it.