UK Cubers!

Discussion in 'Local Cubing Groups' started by CharlieCooper, Aug 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Rob2109

Rob2109 Member

May 23, 2009
    Preston, UK
    I'm in Preston so I'd be up for a meeting somewhere in the North West if we can organise it.

2. ukspeedcubes

ukspeedcubes Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Nothamptonshire, UK
    UK Cubers?

Hi All, Im 3 weeks into cubing and hooked. Its bizzare really as Im a 40 year old and havent had a rubiks cube since they first came out in the 80's :eek:

Anyway after three weeks Im hitting a 2:20 average with a pb of 1:54 Ive just ordered a ZhanChi from Lubix to see if it can help speed things up. Im practicing finger tricks and I'll soon be learning F2L before progressing onwards and upwards.

Im also thinking of putting together a website and selling a few cubes etc. Anyone in the UK interested in buying cubes and getting them within a 2 day window for a reasonable price?

Hope to be back here soon as there loads of info

Cheers lads

UKSpeedCubes

3. JackL

JackL Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Hells to the yeah man! Sounds like an awesome idea! Cheers sham.

4. Zyrb

Zyrb Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Kansas
    WCA:
    2010BRIG01
    YouTube:
    ZyrbCubing
    Welcome! A UK based store would be epic.

5. ukspeedcubes

ukspeedcubes Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Nothamptonshire, UK
    Let me know what you want and I'll look into getting some stock ;)

6. ukspeedcubes

ukspeedcubes Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Nothamptonshire, UK
    Ive managed to get some ZhanChis or order. Is it worth getting some C4U cores too? What about Guhongs and C4U cubes? does anybody buy these cubes?

7. 5BLD

5BLD Member

Apr 14, 2011
    England
    WCA:
    2011LAUA01
    YouTube:
    5BLD
    People like guhong2s. Also lube and stuff would be nice. Welcome btw

8. cubecraze1

cubecraze1 Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Australia
    WCA:
    2011OMAH01
    YouTube:
    cubecraze1
    you really need guhongs they are also popular whit two 2x2's are the best 2x2's all i have to say not sure about C4U cores.

9. applemobile

applemobile Member

Jan 8, 2012
    exeter uk
    Cube smith stickers! I'm sick of having to wait 8 weeks for a set of stickers to arrive.

10. ukspeedcubes

ukspeedcubes Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Nothamptonshire, UK
    ZhanChi's white and black, Guhong's white and black, Witt Two's white, black and coloured (stickerless), replacement cores, replacement screws and springs, lube and stickers ordered :cool:

Whats everyones favourite type of lube? I'll stock different types if theres a demand?

Ive also requested that a sample timer is sent to me so I'll soon be stocking these too ;)

11. Mollerz

Mollerz Swag Overlord

May 17, 2011
    Surrey, England
    WCA:
    2011MOLL01
    YouTube:
    CalciumIRL
    Maru is very popular between UK Cubers, but I also think you should get Lubix in stock too.

12. Zyrb

Zyrb Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Kansas
    WCA:
    2010BRIG01
    YouTube:
    ZyrbCubing
    Lubix would be nice

13. MalusDB

MalusDB Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Belfast
    YouTube:
    MalusDB91
    This is awesome. Hope the business works out. I'll definitely try and support :D

14. Ralinda4

Ralinda4 Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Lubix! It's be great to eliminate that delivery time.

15. ukspeedcubes

ukspeedcubes Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Nothamptonshire, UK
    I'll get in touch with Lubix now and get some on order asap
    I'll also get some Maru 3x3x3's in stock too

The cores, should I order Dayan or C4U ?

PS who's got the UK's fastest 3x3x3 single time? I'll send them a cube, you beat there 3x3x3 time and you can have one too. I'll also be sending other goodies to the fastest in the UK too :)

16. Zyrb

Zyrb Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Kansas
    WCA:
    2010BRIG01
    YouTube:
    ZyrbCubing
    I'm not sure Maru 3x3s are a good investment, though that's just me. What kind of stickers did you get, and how long until you think the store is open?

17. ukspeedcubes

ukspeedcubes Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Nothamptonshire, UK
    Im not sure what make the skickers are but they have a Z on them? I have ordered standard colours and some sets with black instead of white for now.
    I'll order the Marus as somebody has requested them.

I think I should be fully online with stock in about two weeks, Im just tweeking my store at the moment.

What kind of prices are you guys thinking of paying for Guhongs etc considering that you will have them postage free in about 2 days after order placement?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  18. 5BLD

5BLD Member

Apr 14, 2011
    England
    WCA:
    2011LAUA01
    YouTube:
    5BLD
    Robert Yau has the fastest official single, Breandan average iirc.

Uh. £10 reasonable? You stocking Guhong IIs?
    Really excited about this store, I can't order from overseas you see...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  19. I'm not sure on the demand but you could think about stocking either shengshou 4x4,5x5 etc. or V-cubes. Also, Pyraminx(s? what is the plural of Pyraminx?) seem popular, at least to everybody I know in person (even some "non-cubers" find the Pyraminx really fun).
    With Pyraminx, I wouldn't know what make to recommend. Maybe someone with more experience could recommend a good brand? I don't think there's a major difference but I could be wrong.