Twisting The Corners to Solve a Puzzle

Discussion in 'WCA Regulations' started by GarethBert11, Jul 11, 2017.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. GarethBert11

GarethBert11 Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Indonesia
    WCA:
    2017PURB01
    I was wondering if I have a headlights case on 3x3 that could solve the entire puzzle by twisting 2 corners to solve it. Is it consider as solve or DNF? And is it legal to do that?

P.S It might be questioned before so pardon me.

2. 5b2) Any repair to a puzzle must not give the competitor any advantage in solving the puzzle. Penalty: disqualification of the attempt (DNF).
    • 5b3c) If the puzzle is unsolvable, and can be made solvable by rotating a single corner piece, the competitor may correct the corner piece by twisting it in place without disassembling the puzzle.

3. kirtpro

kirtpro Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    WCA:
    2010PROT01
    YouTube:
    kirtpro
    It's considered an illegal move.
    Can however twist a corner to repair an accidental corner twist.

4. DGCubes

DGCubes Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Over there
    WCA:
    2013GOOD01
    YouTube:
    DGCubes
    You can twist at most ONE corner during a solve, but you can only do this if a corner was accidentally twisted earlier (because the cube would then be in an unsolvable position). If you try to take advantage of this rule (such as by purposefully corner twisting earlier in the solve to allow for you to do it again later), you will be DNFed.

5. EntireTV

EntireTV Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    WCA:
    2015VUUR01
    YouTube:
    /c/EntireTV
    As previous posters have mentioned this is illegal and don't try or you will have a bad reputation.

6. I_<3_SCS

I_<3_SCS Member

Jul 11, 2017
    A cop told me once, "It ain't a crime 'til you're caught."

7. GarethBert11

GarethBert11 Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Indonesia
    WCA:
    2017PURB01
    Thx Guys! Thank god I don't get that case in my first comp lol :p