• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Turning Accuracy Discussion

MrMan

practice big cubes

YES ! When I got my 4x4 I played around with it for one week without touching a 3x3. When I took my 3x3 back it was just awesome. So smooth, no lockups and really fast. I loosed 2 second on my average at this point.

SenorJuan

It's definitely worth checking out your cube for any specific problems that may cause lockups. Balanced tensions on all 6 centre-pieces is a must. Setting the correct tension for your 'style' is also important, too loose or too tight can cause under / over turning, loss of alignment. Check all the pieces are assembled correctly, push together every edge and every corner piece, as a simple drop on the floor can disturb things.

AA13

How to deal with overshooting?

recently, i lubed my cube using lubix. My cube(aolong v2) did get faster, but I developed a problem with overshooting. I was wondering wht I can change about my cubing to get rid of this.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
When you walk, you don't jump. You don't think "I better not use too much force with this stride or I'll jump". You also angle your body/legs properly to transition to your other leg

With flicking, you just have to naturally learn to exert more accurate amount of force so as to not overshoot (jump) through practise. You also want to time your next move to start as the first move is almost completed, so it automatically cuts off the turn to transition to the next move. Practice doing RUR'U'*x starting at a slow speed where you don't overshoot, and working up to faster tps.

Welcome to the forum

33croc

acurate turns

Hello
I was wondering if anybody has any tips on accurate turns on a 4x4

macncheese

I have the Rubik's speed cube ( not the Gan tie up one) I average sub 1:30 and it locks up a lot. Can I stop this?