• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Thom S.

Rotate 1 center 90 deg
I have a problem making a cube in a cube in a cube on my 5x5. The center is disoriented. Could I get help? Cant post photo sorry

Put disoriented Center on top
M2 U M2 U' M2 D M2 U M2 U' M2
at least, that's how I rotate Centers 90 degrees

Redter

I tried making a pattern but I quickly ran into a speed bump: I don't know how to switch center pieces on my 7x7! Can someone help? See drawing below

Attachments

• Untitled drawing.jpg
    Untitled drawing.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 12

xyzzy

I tried making a pattern but I quickly ran into a speed bump: I don't know how to switch center pieces on my 7x7! Can someone help? See drawing below
You can't switch just those two pieces without affecting anything else. What you can do is to cycle three pieces (with a commutator), one of which has the same colour as the two pieces you want to swap.

Redter

You can't switch just those two pieces without affecting anything else. What you can do is to cycle three pieces (with a commutator), one of which has the same colour as the two pieces you want to swap.
Can you elaborate?

UnknownCuber

Can anyone put some time into finding some good v perm algs (for both 3x3 and big cubes)? Thx. Also f2l where both edge and corner are in the right spot and the edge is flipped, assuming that other f2l slots are occupied

Thom S.

Also f2l where both edge and corner are in the right spot and the edge is flipped, assuming that other f2l slots are occupied

Can anyone put some time into finding some good v perm algs (for both 3x3 and big cubes)? Thx. Also f2l where both edge and corner are in the right spot and the edge is flipped, assuming that other f2l slots are occupied

U' R2 U2 R2 U R2 U2 F2 U R2 U R2 U2 F2 U' R2
U' R2 U2 R2 U' F2 U2 R2 U' R2 U' F2 U2 R2 U R2
R2 U F2 U2 R2 U' R2 U' F2 U2 R2 U' R2 U2 R2 U
all Regripless and totally not the worst algorithms you will find

Last edited:

UnknownCuber

U' R2 U2 R2 U R2 U2 F2 U R2 U R2 U2 F2 U' R2
U' R2 U2 R2 U' F2 U2 R2 U' R2 U' F2 U2 R2 U R2
R2 U F2 U2 R2 U' R2 U' F2 U2 R2 U' R2 U2 R2 U
all Regripless and totally not the worst algorithms you will find
Thanks a lot!

you do know about algdb.net right?
Yeah, I accidentally missed out a few algs near the bottom, thanks also for reminding me!

YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone have the OFOTA method algorithims for the 2x2x2? I’m considering learning the method. I also can’t find a good Alg sheet for the SS method as well. Can someone help me with this?

YouTube
Visit Channel
I know that sheet for OFOTA. I doesn’t have all the algs for it though. And I also can’t follow the SS algs. Could you find better algs please? I csn’t find any after an hour :mad:

Sue Doenim

I know that sheet for OFOTA. I doesn’t have all the algs for it though. And I also can’t follow the SS algs. Could you find better algs please? I csn’t find any after an hour :mad:
Why are you trying to find the algs for them? They're not particularly good methods. You're better off with CLL/EG.

Thom S.

What even is SS and OFOTA? Thanks.

SS stands for Stern-Sun
3/4 of a face
OLS
PBL

OFOTA stands for Opposite face orient orient all

Face which can be of opposite colors
orient LF and seperate pieces
PBL

A quick Wiki search would have saved us these two posts

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why are you trying to find the algs for them? They're not particularly good methods. You're better off with CLL/EG.

I know these methods are probably are not as good as CLL or EG, I just want to find the algs for them. I believe they have potential, just like a lot of methods. I’m not learning them to be fast. Plus, the more methods, the better! On the wiki, the links lead to no where, or I can’t get a good alg sheet. Anyone know?

Thom S.

I believe they have potential, just like a lot of methods. I’m not learning them to be fast. Plus, the more methods, the better! On the wiki, the links lead to no where, or I can’t get a good alg sheet. Anyone know?

They have potential for lucky singles but are inferior in long-term

For SS you could just pick out the shortest OLS cases

Animac3

Hello!

I need help, i got like a E perm with 2 inverted edges like 3 times in a row right now, i'm very sad i nerd to do likeso many perms to complete the cube, can someone help me please?