• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
hello, i am here to request a humanly time efficient L4C alg set with purpose of speedsolving. i preferably want this in a pdf.

xyzzy

Can you point me to an existing document with all the cases, even if they are bad ones? I may try to work on this project
L4C is a subset of ZZLL (which is in turn a subset of ZBLL), and I'd expect that there are fairly optimised algs for the cases already and it's just a matter of copying them out of a ZZLL/ZBLL alg list.

You can find move-optimal algs on Birdflu: A B a b. (These four sets have some overlap because of symmetrical cases.)

Artic

F2L13.png

For the case above but rotated y2 so the insertion happens in the back. Does anyone have any rotationless algs to solve it? The algs can have M slices, I'm just looking for something that's rotationless.

thanks
bump! Still looking for algs.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
bump! Still looking for algs.
The best I was able to find by hand was M U' L U' l' U2 l U' l', but it's not very good. I tried CE too but the best it gave me was (U) R' U2 F' r B r' F U2 R. Wouldn't it be easier to just rotate? Rotations aren't always bad, after all!

E: That second alg might be better executed as x' R' F2 D' r U r' D F2 R x, but that's got two rotations :p

Artic

The best I was able to find by hand was M U' L U' l' U2 l U' l', but it's not very good. I tried CE too but the best it gave me was (U) R' U2 F' r B r' F U2 R. Wouldn't it be easier to just rotate? Rotations aren't always bad, after all!

E: That second alg might be better executed as x' R' F2 D' r U r' D F2 R x, but that's got two rotations :p

i found these algorithms
L U' L' U2 L U' L' U f' L f
L U' L' U2 L U' L' d L' U L
d L' U L U' L ' U' L
y' U L' U L U' L ' U' L

Thanks for the algs! I was hoping to find a smooth solution, but I agree, it's better to rotate :)

Artic

hey guys,

I have another request. Looking at the case below but rotated y2 so the insertion happens in the back.

F2L29.png

I would like to be able to insert the pair in the back without rotating, so as before, I'm looking for some rotation-less algs.
Hopefully some ergonomic ones.
thanks

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not exactly the easiest to perform, but I do appreciate the suggestion. Have any other algs?

For these cases you keep posting, you need either L or B moves to get the edge into place if you dont want to rotate. Which would you prefer

EDIT: I think the optimal alg U r' U r B2 U' B isn't a bad choice. Left ring push for U, start by overgripping for the r'

Last edited:

Artic

For these cases you keep posting, you need either L or B moves to get the edge into place if you dont want to rotate. Which would you prefer

EDIT: I think the optimal alg U r' U r B2 U' B isn't a bad choice. Left ring push for U, start by overgripping for the r'

thanks for replying. That alg is not bad. And I'm not concerned about L or B moves, just looking for something smooth to perform. Did you manage to generate others?

i'm requesting a speed optimal alg set. it solves the corners of the top layer (both orient and permute) along with the edge orientation of the top layer (ollcp), except the top and bottom layer edge pieces can change permutation and separation freely. it has 331 algs.

ex case (not optimal in the slightest)
scramble: M2 U S U2 S' F R U R' U' F' r' U2 R U R' U r solve: M' U2 M U2 M' U M' L' U' L U' R U' L' U R' U2 L

Duncan Bannon

ua) R U R' U R' U' R2 U' R' U R' U R
ub) y2 R' U' R U' R U R2 U R U' R U' R'
Is there any regripless versions. Is there a way to do those regripless or 1 regrip? Thanks

Edit:
For ab perm I just found F2,U,M',U2,M,U,F2, does anyone else use this? It sounds pretty good. You hold bar in the back.

Last edited by a moderator:

xyzzy

For ab perm I just found F2,U,M',U2,M,U,F2, does anyone else use this? It sounds pretty good. You hold bar in the back.
That's a U perm, not an A perm. It's the optimal alg, so it's good to know for FMC (and feet), but for normal solving, the standard RU or MU algs are faster.

Is there any regripless versions. Is there a way to do those regripless or 1 regrip? Thanks
Try executing them a bunch of times, and try doing some of the U moves with your left index finger. This should eliminate regrips completely.

i'm requesting a speed optimal alg set. it solves the corners of the top layer (both orient and permute) along with the edge orientation of the top layer (ollcp), except the top and bottom layer edge pieces can change permutation and separation freely. it has 331 algs.
Do you actually expect someone to go and generate three hundred algs for a method nobody is going to use?