• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipervenom9

YouTube
Visit Channel
Seriously, stop cubing for a bit. You can cause tendinitis, and osteoarthritis if you overdo it.
You can ice your hands for pain relief, and any possible inflammation in the joints. If you're about to start cubing, apply ice for 30 seconds to a minute, then heat for 3 minutes. Repeat that 3 times. Make sure you stretch before cubing, and use a good cube. Even after it's better, you should cut down the number of solves to 100 per day, and then do some practice for the specific parts in the solve that you're worst at.

Edit: I'm going to stress this again. Don't continue to cube if you're in pain. You can cause the tendons in your hand and wrist to lose their tensile strength, and deteriorate.

Thanks for the info, it's a real shame I need to stop cubing for a while as I have been improving so quickly. But it's better than causing serious dmg to my hands. Guess I'll work on my F2L recognition instead.

CubeRoots

WCA
2012LIVS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks for the advice. Allthough i'm still a bit confused, why does edge control add another step? I just do it intuitively durin my f2l and tbh i think i only take the odd two or 3 moves more than if i was just doing f2l normally. Doesnt edge cpntrpl get essentually the same results as zbf2l but without the algs an doing it throughout f2l rather than on last slot? and what about if i was to learn COLL further down the line? is using edge control and coll considered better than oll pll? sorry for the million questions :)

Vipervenom9

YouTube
Visit Channel
my mf8 megaminx locks up like crazy. I would release some tension, but I already did this and now it feels like it's going to pop a lot. Any good way to reduce lock ups without it popping like mad? Also, what is a good way to apply lubix to a megaminx?

maderito

All even positions with the bottom cross solved can be reached by applying the sexy move from all four angles and its mirror from at least one angle. If you only care about configurations of the F2L pieces, then that should be sufficient. If you want to also be able to reach odd cube positions (with the last layer pieces also considered), throw in some AUFs as well.
Thanks. That's the specific answer I was looking for. Seems that the problem has been studied before and solved. Or did you just figure this out on the fly :tu

Tallmin

What would be a good price point if I was to sell my used White V Cube 5-7 on eBay?

I want to get rid of my V Cube Collection. I have the White V Cube 5, V Cube 6, and V Cube 7. These were bought back when the only place to buy them was from Greece. I still have the original packaging and covers for all 3 cubes plus the booklets. The only problem with the cubes is that the center tile on the V5 comes off every now and then. Other than that, they are still in great condition! Someone please tell me a good price to sell them!

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If I were I would wait until my next competition and sell them to collectors there. Ebay charges a commission fee if I am correct and your not guarantied anyone will buy.

I personally sold a crappy V 6 to some noob at my school for $45.

iEnjoyCubing

WCA
2011VALL01
I want to get rid of my V Cube Collection. I have the White V Cube 5, V Cube 6, and V Cube 7. These were bought back when the only place to buy them was from Greece. I still have the original packaging and covers for all 3 cubes plus the booklets. The only problem with the cubes is that the center tile on the V5 comes off every now and then. Other than that, they are still in great condition! Someone please tell me a good price to sell them!

If you could provide pictures and show that they are in great condition, I would think you could sell them all for about $80 (7 would be $30, 6 would be $25, 5 would be $20, like $5 for shipping).

If I were I would wait until my next competition and sell them to collectors there. Ebay charges a commission fee if I am correct and your not guarantied anyone will buy.

I personally sold a crappy V 6 to some noob at my school for $45.

He didn't say anything about selling on Ebay, usually that isn't the best way to go (try on here first, and if you have upcoming comps try there).

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm prolly not the best person to ask, but considering that oll is 51 algs, and oll algs are tons harder to learn than pll algs, I just took up edge control.

OLLs are definitely easier to learn than PLLs, they're shorter on average and most cases have many solid algorithms that have been documented. I'm not against edge control by any means, but in terms of last slot->LL methods it can add an extra look, sometimes just to avoid one of the fastest OLLs.

Last edited:

retep

I figure it's probably pretty typical to be a bit slower when doing the 3x3 stage on a 4x4 than if you were doing 3x3 on an actual 3x3 (not including parity on the 4x4), but about how much slower are you? I think my 4x4 may just be terrible because I average about 25-28 seconds on 3x3 but doing 3x3 on a 4x4 I average like 1 min to 1:10... Is it likely just that my 4x4 is terrible?

MeshuggahX

WCA
2011ERIX01
I figure it's probably pretty typical to be a bit slower when doing the 3x3 stage on a 4x4 than if you were doing 3x3 on an actual 3x3 (not including parity on the 4x4), but about how much slower are you? I think my 4x4 may just be terrible because I average about 25-28 seconds on 3x3 but doing 3x3 on a 4x4 I average like 1 min to 1:10... Is it likely just that my 4x4 is terrible?

You should be able to cut down your time on 4x4. What's slowing you down? Bad cube? Having a good cube helps out a lot. Really look a head, since your TPS is lower it's easier to look a head. I average somewhere between 19-21 on 3x3 and maybe around 27 on 4x4 (don't know for sure).

unirox13

Start doing some 3x3 solves on your 4x4. Before I start to 4x4 average I usually scramble my 4x4 as a 3x3 and just do an average of 5 like that. I used to do averages of 12 using my 4x4 as a 3x3. Just be sure to really focus on look ahead and you should see quick improvement. I average about 20 on 3x3 and around 24-27 on 3x3 stage of 4x4.

retep

Ya, I can actually look ahead better doing 3x3 on 4x4, I do notice I have slightly slower recognition time for like PLL though, but it would add like 5 seconds at most. It is probably mostly the cube, will look into getting a better 4x4.

Status
Not open for further replies.