The One-Answer Question Thread [closed]

Discussion in 'Cubing Help & Questions' started by *LukeMayn*, Jan 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeletonboy

skeletonboy Member

Dec 22, 2011
    British Columbia, Canada
    There is the slightest difference. The V2 has the rough "torpedo entry gap" sanded down, so even a 48 point edge mod would do almost no good on a V2. The bottom end of the corner stocks has a smoother surface, this is because they designed the corner so the torpedos can run through it smoother. Some V1 Guhongs have very rough surface on the end of the corner stalks and could be sanded down. V2 has it already sanded down.

So,really, the V2 might feel the slightest more smoother or maybe even a tad faster because of the excess plastic removal.

2. Achifaifa

Achifaifa Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Madrid, Spainistan
    I'm currently trying to improve with the 4x4 and I have couple of questions: ¿Is there a method or a general tip for the centers? I've also developed a method by myself to pair 2 edges at the same time, but it's inneficient as hell (Mainly because of my lack of perception) and I've only improved my marks a little. ¿Any method I can use?

I've seen couple of videos with example solves but I just can't understand a thing with the way some guys explain it, ¿Is there something written about it? And also, ¿Is there a topic about this? I've searched for it and found nothing, so just in case...

3. What did you lube it with?

4. tip always try to use the corners to help orient the centers of the Equator layers if you do not then during the 3x3 stage 2 of the centers will need to switch places

5. Achifaifa

Achifaifa Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Madrid, Spainistan
    I'm sorry but I didn't understood that. ¿Do you mean to orient or permute the edges while doing the centers?

6. the corners determent the correct side that the centers should go

7. JasonK

JasonK Premium Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Melbourne, AUS
    WCA:
    2011KILB01
    What Michael is trying (and failing) to say is that you can use the corners to remind yourself of your cube's colour scheme while doing centres. It's much better to just learn the colour scheme though.

8. Achifaifa

Achifaifa Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Madrid, Spainistan
    Ohh right, now I get it.

Thanks Michael, but I have to agree with WTF2L (lol), it's better to learn the color scheme (which is not difficult at all). I have no problems with that, I was just asking for general tips to do the centers faster :)

9. JianhanC

JianhanC Member

Jan 1, 2011
    WCA:
    2010CHOO02
    Do you do BLD? That should be able to help you at least remember the relative position of centers, if not of the whole cube and from different angles.

10. CheesePuffs

CheesePuffs Member

Jan 5, 2012
    YouTube:
    CubeTube21
    Does anybody know about helpcube.webs.com 's helplube

11. stoic

stoic Premium Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Co. Tyrone, N. Ireland
    WCA:
    2013DEAR01
    @Achifaifa : Stefan Pochmann has a great guide to 4x4 centres, and Chris Hardwick has a great guide to pairing edges.
    I found them useful, anyway

12. Achifaifa

Achifaifa Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Madrid, Spainistan
    I'm trying to learn but my memory is horrible. I'll bear that in mind tho, thank you

That's awesome, thank you! :)

13. Lanttikasa

Lanttikasa Member

Jan 18, 2012
    i lubed with silicone

14. KJ

KJ Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Venus
    Hi, I have a question.
    I wanna post a video to Bapao's cube giveaway, but when I try to select it in to attach, the video is grayed out.(NOTE: I do not have afacebook or youtube, because I am 10 years old, and I am using a video that I made using a mac camera)
    Any suggestions on how I can post the Vid?

15. Lanttikasa

Lanttikasa Member

Jan 18, 2012
    zhanchi tension problem.

i tried to tension my zhanchi last week. it went pretty bad, i did watch a tutorial for guhong tension and used same method for zhanchi. i didnt get the perfect tension to every side, i went side by side little by little and still some sides are very smooth and others very laggy and heavy. i tried to loose those sides but it didnt really work and if it did it would pop. i use torpedos on this. could anyone give me a quick guide or something to tension it perfect. thanks!!

16. Muesli

Muesli Premium Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Sheffield, UK
    WCA:
    2009SMIT05
    YouTube:
    musli4brekkies
    Take apart your cube completely minus the centres and tighten every one down until they turn the same (not at all, basically, but with the same stiffness) Then, make a mark on every screw with a permanent marker, this is so you can keep track of your turns.

Then unscrew every side 3 360 degree turns, using your marker mark as a guide. Then reassemble your cube. If you can't, undo more, just make sure every side has an equal amount.

When your cube is fully assembled then adjust every side the same amount until your happy. It might take a while and the difference is often less than half a turn.

Good luck

17. Where can I get custom Rubik's Cube Logos for multiple puzzles at a cheap price (not Oliver's store) that I can place my own logo on it?

18. Arkwell

Arkwell Member

Jan 23, 2011
    ACube, Mac & Command Line.

Guys, being ACube works at the command line do I need any emulation software to work it on a Mac and If so what would you recommend?

19. masterofthebass

masterofthebass Premium Member

May 13, 2007
    Denver, CO
    WCA:
    2007COHE01
    YouTube:
    masterofthebass
    All you need is java installed. It runs via command line.

20. skeletonboy

skeletonboy Member

Dec 22, 2011
    British Columbia, Canada
    Tensioning takes a lot of time and study to get it right. I recommend you disassemble the whole cube, because you might have threaded the screw wrong, or done something wrong. Go slowly and inspect each piece for flaws. The tension of the springs also have a big effect on the cube. A tight spring will stiffer and hard. A normal spring would be easy to push so its fast and loose. But, I doubt that a Zhanchi comes with 2 sets of springs. Just check it again and try lubing it to see if it goes away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.