• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Thermex

OKAY I've read a bunch about some of the methods about there and I think I can take some of the strengths from each and make a method that uses them all :)
pizo hybrid strain:
1. blockbuild a 1x2x3 on left and right like in Roux
2. use M and U moves to complete the cross and orient the edges
3. do OLL and PLL (and you'll only get OLL cases with all edges oriented)

the combines the efficiency of Roux with the raw insane tps of CFOP.
This is a very efficient method; although it's been proposed many times before as "LLOB". A couple of youtubers such as Tao Yu and CriticalCubing have gotten sub 10 averages with it (using ZBLL) but overall it's not super significant. You're on the right track, though.

pizo45

i'm glad someone thinks the pizo hybrid is a good method! I think it really has the potential to set some wrs especially since OLL and PLL are so fast :)

now i just have to get people to learn it...

pizo45

Hi guys i am calling this the pizo hybrid method because it has the insane tps of CFOP and low movecount like Roux!

pizo hybrid method:
step 1: solve the 1x2x3 on the left and the right
step 2: use really fast M and U moves to finish the cross and orient all the edges on the last layer
step 3: use OLL and PLL to finish the last layer :D

so what do you guys think? i put this in the new method substep thread and people told me that it is extremely efficient and that people have already gotten sub-10 averages with it !!! so it definitely has potential

i hope you give it a try, maybe soon we will see the pizo method setting a new world record :)

Thermex

i'm glad someone thinks the pizo hybrid is a good method! I think it really has the potential to set some wrs especially since OLL and PLL are so fast :)

now i just have to get people to learn it...
Okay but the method has already been proposed. It's called "LLOB". I believe CriticalCubing has a video on it (you couldn't claim this as "your" method since it's already been created).

pizo45

I just watched the video, pizo hybrid is completely different.
instead of solving the cross and orienting the top edges criticalcubing does something called "EO+DFDB"
pluscriticalcubing used ZBLL which has 493 algorithms to memorize... that is WAY too many.

Hazel

Premium Member
instead of solving the cross and orienting the top edges criticalcubing does something called "EO+DFDB"
pluscriticalcubing used ZBLL which has 493 algorithms to memorize... that is WAY too many.
EO+DFDB is just a fancy way of saying solving the cross while orienting the top edges, and ZBLL has proven to be quite good if you take the time to learn and get fast at the algorithms. Even if you just do OLL/PLL or even COLL/EPLL for the last layer, it's still LLOB (I call it ZBRoux but they're the same thing).

Hazel

Premium Member
The thing is, this is exactly ZBRoux (or LLOB). The step 2 you described is exactly what EO+DFDB is, and no matter how you solve the last layer for step 3 it's still ZBRoux/LLOB. It's a potentially very good method, but it's just been thought of many times before.

efattah

The thing is, this is exactly ZBRoux (or LLOB). The step 2 you described is exactly what EO+DFDB is, and no matter how you solve the last layer for step 3 it's still ZBRoux/LLOB. It's a potentially very good method, but it's just been thought of many times before.

ZBRoux/LLOB is really only viable if you use ZBLL. As the pizo45 suggested it, using regular OLL/PLL, I can't think of almost any situation that it could be faster than ordinary CFOP. If you don't know ZBLL then you might as well finish the cross after F2L (without orienting LL edges) then just do OLL/PLL, otherwise you are essentially orienting the edges then orienting the corners right after... Having said that an interesting variant would be partial cross, F2L, then solve DF+DB while simultaneously orienting the entire last layer, then doing PLL. This would probably have around 1,000 algorithms with no benefit over classic ZBRoux though.

Thom S.

You really were on the right way but you can't try to take a method as your idea when it isn't.
Also, it is recommended that you take a look at the different steps at the Speedsolving Wiki to know things like EO+DFDB
in reallity ZBLL isn't too many anymore, it's slowly becoming a thing now
Saying that it's different pecause you use OLL/PLL(practically worst thing you can do) is like saying you use a different method because you use 4LLL instead of OLL/PLL

Thom S.

Ok, so I made a kind of Advanced Beginner Method for NxNxNBLD Corners as there isn't really much between OP and 3Style(I'm quite dubious that it doesn't exist but I haven't seen it)
It works by using a different Algorithm gor every Targen instead of Setup + Y Perm + Undo which saves about 5 Moves per Target
I have put this on it's own Thread so people can Suggest Algorithms.
If you don't do 3BLD seriously and you don't want to learn all of 3Style this is just for you.
At my first solve I had 41 Moves less with this than with regular OP for Corners which can make a big difference.(my estimate is about 32 moves less than OP on average)

https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/advanced-op-for-corners-method.67070/

new method (my previous method with a refined step) (bbbl)

1) cp block
solve a 1x2x3 block on left while solving corner permutation
2) 2x2x2 block
solve a 2x2x2 block in DRB (or DRF)
3) 1x2x2 block
solve a 1x2x2 block in DRF (or DRB)
4) ollep
(nicknamed azll by myself)
solve the last layer (1/675 algs)

Teoidus

new method (my previous method with a refined step) (bbbl)

1) cp block
solve a 1x2x3 block on left while solving corner permutation
2) 2x2x2 block
solve a 2x2x2 block in DRB (or DRF)
3) 1x2x2 block
solve a 1x2x2 block in DRF (or DRB)
4) ollep
(nicknamed azll by myself)
solve the last layer (1/675 algs)

Great, now can you capitalize things properly?

On the method itself: it doesn't seem worth the 675 algs. I would much rather achieve similar ergonomics/movecounts with vanilla roux.

They're the same thing...
Unfortunately a lot of methods (some would say all) have already been thought of before, and your idea to hybridize Roux and CFOP is actually a really common proposal.
Also unfortunately, this forum's search is useless, so the only reasonably efficient way to find out if something's been done before is either to read a lot of posts or to propose ideas over and over and get @shadowslice e to yell at you.

Great, now can you capitalize things properly?

On the method itself: it doesn't seem worth the 675 algs. I would much rather achieve similar ergonomics/movecounts with vanilla roux.
i created this method for the purpose of maximizing the use of the gen i feel most comfortable with (R,r,M,U), so i think it's worth it.

i will not fix the capitalisation. this is because i feel not capitalising fits my personality, less formal and calm.

Thom S.

i created this method for the purpose of maximizing the use of the gen i feel most comfortable with (R,r,M,U), so i think it's worth it.

It can be done so much easier:
After FB, SB and LSE are already in the good gen area, so the only thing left is CMLL. If you do your CP Block you will only get (R, U) CMLLs so maximized 2-Gen with minimal effort.

Now that I come to think of it, for ZBroux, what if we make a CP Block as our FB and after EO+DFDB we only get 2GLL cases?

as long as i get what I'm saying across, without talking unrelivently about myself, does it matter?

It does. Norms were invented for a good reason and correct Text-formatting makes your Messages seem more
Organized
Good to read
and as the strongest Point, it shows thst you care for what you wrote and you gave it time. Ehy should you take something seriously if the writer doesn't care to give it a second read and format it to be more appealing

Teoidus

upload_2017-11-26_18-30-55.png
iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

I don't believe making yourself more difficult to understand is a valid personality trait.

Though it certainly makes him unique; I can recognize Lookadoo's posts on sight now... I just can't understand them and don't think to put in any more effort into reading than he does into writing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spencer131

WCA
2017CHUB02
It does. Norms were invented for a good reason and correct Text-formatting makes your Messages seem more
Organized
Good to read
and as the strongest Point, it shows thst you care for what you wrote and you gave it time. Ehy should you take something seriously if the writer doesn't care to give it a second read and format it to be more appealing
I believe that if someone doesn't completely follow the norms, it's fine as long as it's understandable. You also used 'unconventional' formatting and incorrect spelling, but that didn't make it hard to read.