• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
new method (BFLP)
1) block face
create 2 F2l pairs next to each other,
and place three edge pieces on the bottom (where you would place to form a 2x2x3 block) oriented correctly
along with the 2 centers that will go at the ends of the block. (build in DB)
2) F2L
place an edge piece at DF oriented correctly, then
place 2 correct F2l pairs in the correct slot
3) pSMollcp (1/331) algs
you orientate and permutate the top layer corners and orient the top layers edges without nessisarily keeping the permutation or seperation of the top and botom layers edge pieces.
4) pl8e
permutate the last 8 edges using <M,E,U,D>

example solve - this method is complex so i made an example solve
scramble: U' F2 B' U R' F2 L2 R' B F' U2 F D' B' R' B2 L2 F2 B2 U2 R' F' B' L' D2
1) z2 F' u2 L F' L' F' y' M U M'
2) F' U' R U R' U R U R' L' U2 L U' L' U2 L U2 L' U L
3) U R U' R' F' U' F U2 R U R' U' R U R' - not optimal
4) U2 M U2 M D' U' M' U2 M' U M2 u M' U2 M2 U2 M'

Last edited:
So I main with ZZ and the FLS idea gave me another idea. A lot of times when solving f2l/blocks you'll have a corner paired with the wrong edge, but since the wrong edge is already oriented it has to be the edge diagonal from its solved position. If you solved that slot with its opposite edge then completed COLL normally then you'd be left with EPLL + opposite edges, which probably wouldn't be too many algs since EPLL is only 4 algs. Idk how to calculate the number of algs needed or anything but this subset would double the already high chances of having a premaid pair which would make F2L even faster/more efficient. This should also work in Petrus or anything that uses COLL.
i dont use zz, but can see how this could be useful.
the alg count would be 42 coll + 14 pure epl2l

Atunez

new method (BFLP)
1) block face
create 2 F2l pairs next to each other,
and place three edge pieces on the bottom (where you would place to form a 2x2x3 block) oriented correctly
along with the 2 centers that will go at the ends of the block. (build in DB)
2) F2L
place an edge piece at DF oriented correctly, then
place 2 correct F2l pairs in the correct slot
3) pSMollcp (1/331) algs
you orientate and permutate the top layer corners and orient the top layers edges without nessisarily keeping the permutation or seperation of the top and botom layers edge pieces.
4) pl8e
permutate the last 8 edges using <M,E,U,D>

example solve - this method is complex so i made an example solve
scramble: U' F2 B' U R' F2 L2 R' B F' U2 F D' B' R' B2 L2 F2 B2 U2 R' F' B' L' D2
1) z2 F' u2 L F' L' F' y' M U M'
2) F' U' R U R' U R U R' L' U2 L U' L' U2 L U2 L' U L
3) U R U' R' F' U' F U2 R U R' U' R U R' - not optimal
4) U2 M U2 M D' U' M' U2 M' U M2 u M' U2 M2 U2 M'

Okay the only needed comment on this method is wtf, just no, like you dont use M with D that is basically asking for death like L8E isnt a good idea and more so when it is on U and D like the amount of regrips you make is a bit too much, also it takes a bit too long, btw this method isnt complex something complex would be like B1 or 2GR where inspection is too heavy, and no ZZ isnt complex since EO just needs some time to get used to

Okay the only needed comment on this method is wtf, just no, like you dont use M with D that is basically asking for death like L8E isnt a good idea and more so when it is on U and D like the amount of regrips you make is a bit too much, also it takes a bit too long, btw this method isnt complex something complex would be like B1 or 2GR where inspection is too heavy, and no ZZ isnt complex since EO just needs some time to get used to
there are ways to hold the cube as not to regrip for the <U,M,D> as much
L8E is about as rewarding for the cost as the L6E rewards over cost
i am not using L8E, i am only solving the permutation of L8E
the complex part that i was talking about is the description i provided, and the uniqueness of he steps
i then provided an example so readers can follow along

Hazel

Premium Member
I'm trying to think of a good way to do PCMS, because I think it's really fun and has potential.
So, of course, you solve the pairs, then corners, those steps are already pretty fast and good.
I was thinking orienting the edges in a similar way you do with Roux first, then permuting them somehow. Maybe insert 3 of the D layer ones then doing an alg to solve the rest? Recognition would be really good and the algs would all be M/U

Hazel

Premium Member
Alrighty, new method idea! Not too fast most likely, but It seems like I'd be pretty fun at least...
1) FB (fish block) - basically a 2x2x2 + 2 directly adjacent F2L pairs
2) EOLS - solve EO while inserting your LS
3a) Insert a D-layer edge while recognizing your COLL case
3b) Go straight into your COLL without any pause
4) L5E, either 10(?) algs or just insertion with a cancel into EPLL

sorta like Triangular Francisco, maybe better?

Alrighty, new method idea! Not too fast most likely, but It seems like I'd be pretty fun at least...

maybe you could solve the pair without the eo, and then solving one D edge and missorienting the other. then you can solve coll and unsolve the top layer edges, making 3 last layer unsolved edges. then solve the remaining 5 edges with an arrow case.

Hazel

Premium Member
maybe you could solve the pair without the eo, and then solving one D edge and missorienting the other. then you can solve coll and unsolve the top layer edges, making 3 last layer unsolved edges. then solve the remaining 5 edges with an arrow case.
By misoriending the other do you mean still inserting the correct edge, just oriented incorrectly, or just any edge?
Edit: Either way, it seems that the arrow algs would have slightly bad recognition, comparable to ELL.

Sorry for the double post, but the first average of 5 I tried with this method was 20.05.
The L5E recognition seems like it could be nearly instantaneous, and once I incorporate canceling into EPLL rather than doing a full M' U2 M before, it'll be a really quick step.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thom S.

Sure go ahead (but please check that's it's new before posting :))

I researched the Square-1 Methods side and other websides multiple times so I think that I can adress all my Methods and Subsets as new(There are a few of them and this is a long Reply so I don't spam):

PLL/PFL + CP:
After seing that you can instantly recognise the T-Perm I was Interested in it's Algorithm and I saw that it was just the J-J algorithm twice so I thought about this. Basically there are 3 sets of 43 for both PLL and PFL but I doubt that Parity is goint to end in nice algorithms

Corners First:
this is the first real method I thought about since in Vandenbergh you are dealing with 1-3 Slices for CO and 3-6 for CP so I thought that
Cubeshape
Corner Orientation + Permutation
All Edges in as few looks as you want
was good but it has the same flaw as Roux N' Screw and Lin - lookahead is very hard at the start- and an algorithm count of 40320 for Step 4

Edges first:

While Corners first is bad, in Egdes first I see a chance. My steps are
Cubeshape
Edge Orientation
Edge Permutation(with very few short cases)
Insert the Corners into their layer(7 Cases)
Corners both Layers(49 Cases with Parity)

this would turn many bad EP cases into good ones since we aren't caring about corners in Step 3
Adj-keeps the same but you can use J/R-Perm or something
Opp-keeps the same but you can use T/Z-Perm or something
U-keeps the same
Z-becomes an Opposite swap
H-is solved
O-is solved
W- becomes Adj
I think this can be good if there is a fluid CS to EO transition

mDiPalma

idea -

solving 3x3 ls/ll (w or w/o eo) w 3 algs from a single set, minimizing size of set

Neuro

Here's an interesting 4x4 method I found called the Ewert Method
Looks like what you want to do is:
1: 1x2x2 blocks on BDR/BDL
2: Centers+DB edge
3: L7E while placing DF edge
4: F2L
5: LL in some way

I think this could be used as a base for some new methods; here's a Roux variant for instance:
1: Same
2: Centers with any edge in DB
3: L7E pairing
4: Finish F2B
5: L10P (CMLL/LSE)

EDIT: Here's a solve with the Roux variant. If not for OLL parity this solve would've been sub-100 moves!

U R2 L F' B L U' F' D2 B R2 f2 U2 L' F r D R' u U' D2 r' u' L u D' U' F D F2 r' f' D' R2 B2 F' U F' f2 U'

Last edited:

Sue Doenim

Looking at L2L variants, I think it's a promising method, and one we should look into more. Here are a few ideas I had regarding it:
-Only partial first layer
-EO during/before first layer
-Reduction to 2GLL (e.g. FL, 1 edge+EO*, 1 edge+CP*, L2E, 2GLL; maybe switch *'ed steps)
Definitely something I'll play with.

applezfall

WCA
2016NAGR01
I made an interesting called belt-k(belt-keyhole)
steps are:
1.belt(solve the e slice)
2.orient white and yellow edges(use roux eo and some edge olls to orient the edges)
3.solve the cross without messing up the e slice or eo
4.insert the corners using keyhole
5.LL

Hazel

Premium Member
So, a sort of Roux/Petrus/ZZ-CT hybrid:
1) Solve Roux block on left and 2x2x1 block on right (in RB)
2) TSLE/CTTLL (Corner TTLL)
3) EODB
4) L5E (all M/U, you could just use insertion canceling into EPLL every time)

broune

Is there any compilation of 1LLL algs where the corners are already solved? I've found 5 or 6 intuitively, and I know for a fact that there is a full 4-flip 1LLL compilation out there, but I couldn't find anything else.

Neuro

Is there any compilation of 1LLL algs where the corners are already solved? I've found 5 or 6 intuitively, and I know for a fact that there is a full 4-flip 1LLL compilation out there, but I couldn't find anything else.
ELL

Reed Merrill

So, a sort of Roux/Petrus/ZZ-CT hybrid:
1) Solve Roux block on left and 2x2x1 block on right (in RB)
2) TSLE/CTTLL (Corner TTLL)
3) EODB
4) L5E (all M/U, you could just use insertion canceling into EPLL every time)

What would it be like if you did EODB and L5E using wide r turns instead? I ask because that sounds nice for me (I'm not too good at M moves) but I also don't know if that would be for step 2.

Last edited: