Tempest 3V1 Development Thread (3D PRINTED prototype of the 3V1 soon!

Discussion in 'Hardware Area' started by Sion, Nov 17, 2016.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Sion

Sion Member

Dec 13, 2015
    New York
    I also saw your question earlier; I'm not offended; don't worry.

I think they may be interested with the general logic I have with the internals, and the fact if borrows aspects from multiple generations of speecubes. My goal is effortless and smooth, but controllable and easy to handle.

If anyone knows how to contact certain puzzle manufacturers, please let me know. I'm willing to share my designs.

2. Duncan Bannon

Duncan Bannon Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Here
    I deleted it just after, just in case :) Good Luck!

3. Sion

Sion Member

Dec 13, 2015
    New York
    I'm not exactly sure who to work with.

I'm not sure who would be willing to talk to me, or how I will be able to contact anyone; I don't have social media. Not to mention, I did contact rubiks and moyu two years back, no response yet.

I'm sure I'll find someone. I'm not sure how to contact anyone though, and be able to get correspondance.

4. One Wheel

One Wheel Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Wisconsin
    WCA:
    2016BAIR04
    I guess I'd try talking to theCubicle, Cube Depot, or SCS. They're not manufacturers ,but they'd know how to contact manufacturers.

Duncan Bannon likes this.
  5. Competition Cuber

Competition Cuber Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Planet Earth
    I know thecubicle turned him down a while back.

6. One Wheel

One Wheel Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Wisconsin
    WCA:
    2016BAIR04
    For helping with development. Just getting in touch with manufacturers might be different.

7. dskids

dskids Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Virginia
    WCA:
    2017SKID01
    It's over a year later and you haven't even made a social media account for your brand yet? No wonder you haven't heard back from any manufacturers yet... they are not going to take you seriously unless you take your brand and products seriously and represent them in a professional manner.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk because I think it would be really cool if your designs came to market. But ideas don't just become products overnight... branding, marketing, supply chain, tooling, and manufacturing are huge pieces of the process that it seems like you haven't even considered yet.

8. Sion

Sion Member

Dec 13, 2015
    New York
    Social media is something I've mostly been weary off for the most part. I'll need to talk to my parents about it.