• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sydney Autumn 2012

When could you attend a Sydney competition around Easter in 2012?

• Total voters

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
Tim, did you post the competition up to the WCA board?

I sent them an e-mail on the 23rd. It has only been 4 days... Ron and Tyson are probably busy with work/life so I wouldn't expect a really fast turnaround time on e-mails.

I might send another e-mail after 7 days.

I don't think it'll get rejected:
  • This thread has been up for a while now (Sydney competition planned for April)
  • 17 people have already registered with a few weeks to go.

I'd imagine that the amount of competitors would double once the competition is officially announced.

Two disadvantages with announcing a competition with less than a months notice are:
  1. People that don't know about speedsolving.com may not know about this competition until it's too late.
  2. There's very little time to promote the competition.

Tim.

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
That's why we've got to start promoting now!

Everyone, get some of your cubing friends who haven't signed up, and get them to do so. (obviously this is irrelevant if they don't live in australia, but you can tell them about it anyway if you want)

And now to keep practicing.