• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Suggestion-"Credits"

Would you like to see a credit system on speedsolving?

• Yes

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

EntireTV

The context on this idea because I took a break of this forum for a while and joined a few other non-cubing forums. A similar trait on many of them was that a lot of them had a credit or point system. I was thinking this could be implemented on speedsolving as a small motive for posting. Credits could be displayed next to your post count and like count and could be given to other people. Nothing valuable about them but just a fun idea.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm confused as to what this would do. I haven't frequented other forums before, so I don't know what this credit/point system is, and you didn't explain them to others who may have never heard of them.
If I'm guessing correctly, you get 1 point for posting 1 post, and 1 like for getting 1 like.
How would this be different than recording the number of post we've posted and likes we've received in the post-count and like-count boxes under our avatars?

And what do you mean by give credits/points to other people?

I agree with the other sentiments here, there should be a stronger incentive towards fewer, more informative posts than, well, spam.

EntireTV

Okay I totally understand this, just thought it was worth it to mention that most other forums don't work the way SS does. But likes are pretty cook

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think one other thing to add is that ksut of the more well respected cubers are also the ones which are most known and it isn't too hard to keep track of who they are after a couple of weeks given its quite a small community of active users.

Also if someone gives "wrong" infomation it will probably get corrected more quickly than the original question is answered.