• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Spring noise

Shamankian

Differential oil and Shock oil is the same kind of product, it is only the viscosity that changes. Shock oil is the lower wt and Differential oil is the higher ones.

JustinSong

That happened to me so i tried turning the screw top to bottom if that makes any sense.
Traxxas is as good as lubix just telling you guys.

brian724080

How to fix a spring noise?

I've had this issue recently, whenever I turned my Zhanchi, it gave out this springy noise. It sounds twinkly, and it's relatively annoying.
I mean, it's not a huge deal, but I'm wondering what's is causing this, and whether it affects my performance or not?

Thank you

Thank you so much for posting this.

I had that annoying spring noise on my Zhanchi and being completely new to cubing I had no idea what it was. A quick search on this forum revealed the answer. I've taken the cube apart and lubed exactly where CBC suggests and it's almost silent now.

THANK YOU :)

1w3playZ

WCA
2014MARS05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Need help with the spring noise on the Dayan 2x2

I got my Dayan ZhanChi 2x2 yesturday, and it has a weird spring noise when I turn yellow and white. Should I edit the tensions on those sides? Take out something?

I got my Dayan ZhanChi 2x2 yesturday, and it has a weird spring noise when I turn yellow and white. Should I edit the tensions on those sides? Take out something?

You should lube the core. That is usually the problem, and fixes it most of the time.

Also, lol, "edit" the tensions.

peedoo72

How to fix spring noise?

I have lubed the core but the spring noise keeps persisting. I use the cubicle silicone lube, and only the yellow and white side have spring noise how do i fix this