• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Skewb Discussion and Help

Christmas

YouTube
Visit Channel
Question!
Im using sarah intermediate and i average like 8 seconds, tips on getting faster?
Also should I learn other methods? I learned CLL/EG for meep but idk if its worth it to continue? :/
thanks

CuberRiley

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learn full Sarah's Intermediate. Last week I got an official 6.84 average and a 3.52 single from just intermediate. Once you have sub 7/6 down, I'd reccomend you start learning Pi Cases for Advanced, and then Peanut.
Kennan has some pretty good tutorials on advanced

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
How do you guys fingertrick the NS v2 pure peanut alg? Joey's execution in his skewb algs progress #2 video seems cool, but I couldn't figure out his fingertricks even after slowing the video down.

Christmas

YouTube
Visit Channel
Question about Sarah's Intermediate and Meep [Skewb]

I have 2 questions about Skewb. I wanna get faster and right now I average about 8 seconds with Sarah's intermediate method.

I am in the process of learning meep (I have CLL/EG down and am 2/6 done with L5C but recognition is very rusty) and hopefully I can get better at meep. But at the moment meep seems a bit hard to finger trick and most meep solves I have seen online are about 10 second averages. So would it benefit me to learn meep and integrate it into my solves along with Sarah's intermediate or should I just practice Sarah's intermediate? (regardless, I will practice and improve my first layer building)

Pros I see with meep (correct me if im wrong):
first layer doesn't have to be oriented correctly

Cons:
finger tricking meep seems hard
recognition for L5C

Also how fast can someone get with Sarah's intermediate?

tldr: Is it worth it to learn Meep to get faster if I average 8 seconds with Sarah's intermediate already?

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
I have 2 questions about Skewb. I wanna get faster and right now I average about 8 seconds with Sarah's intermediate method.

I am in the process of learning meep (I have CLL/EG down and am 2/6 done with L5C but recognition is very rusty) and hopefully I can get better at meep. But at the moment meep seems a bit hard to finger trick and most meep solves I have seen online are about 10 second averages. So would it benefit me to learn meep and integrate it into my solves along with Sarah's intermediate or should I just practice Sarah's intermediate? (regardless, I will practice and improve my first layer building)

Pros I see with meep (correct me if im wrong):
first layer doesn't have to be oriented correctly

Cons:
finger tricking meep seems hard
recognition for L5C

Also how fast can someone get with Sarah's intermediate?

tldr: Is it worth it to learn Meep to get faster if I average 8 seconds with Sarah's intermediate already?

Stick with Sarah's intermediate, ditch Meep, then learn Sarah's advanced when you average around 5-6. I'm pretty sure that none of the fast people use Meep now, likely because it is 3-look, as opposed to Sarah's advanced, which is 2-look or sometimes 1-look.

If you want to get really fast, learning L5C eventually will help, but use the NS 2.0 algs instead of the one on the website.

Christmas

YouTube
Visit Channel
Stick with Sarah's intermediate, ditch Meep, then learn Sarah's advanced when you average around 5-6. I'm pretty sure that none of the fast people use Meep now, likely because it is 3-look, as opposed to Sarah's advanced, which is 2-look or sometimes 1-look.

If you want to get really fast, learning L5C eventually will help, but use the NS 2.0 algs instead of the one on the website.
You have to memorize like 130 ags for Sarah's advanced though right? ugh thats a lot of work
And with sarah's intermediate you can get 5/6 seconds? aight thanks

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do R L R L' R' L' and its associated mirrors/inverses have a name? I use it almost as often as sledge/hedge in Ranzha's method and I'd like to have a better way to talk about it than "y'know, that alg".

Aaron Lau

hey there, the corner caps on my qiyi skewb keep popping off. does anyone else have this problem and s there anyway to fix it?