• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shiv3r

WCA
2016LEWI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Daniel Lin, I know you have a misoriented centers 4c Prediction sheet, can you give me the link?
Also, any tips om recognizing cases with misoriented centers? if I use them it kills my 4b->4c prediction and so often I wont use even basic EOLR cases like the one thats just M, just because it kills my solve time.

Shiv3r

WCA
2016LEWI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay guys, So I have a question. When you are solving x2 and y color neutrality, what do you do if you get stuck? I mean like there are no obvious pairs, and you are in an official solve and you cannot find an easy block, what do you do? do you pick a default block? what do you do?

also, Shadowslice E I have a spare set of stickers, PM me your address through facebook(Im John Lewis) and I'll see if I can ship them to you. I literally will never use them, they were spare stickers for my old main which I never use anymore, and the stickers are pretty durable, so I probably never will use them.

EDIT: nice channel, if you make more content thatll be cool! I subbed.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay guys, So I have a question. When you are solving x2 and y color neutrality, what do you do if you get stuck? I mean like there are no obvious pairs, and you are in an official solve and you cannot find an easy block, what do you do? do you pick a default block? what do you do?
I just go with whatever as I can usually see a pair but it's not always easy or efficient as you see in the video.

also, Shadowslice E I have a spare set of stickers, PM me your address through facebook(Im John Lewis) and I'll see if I can ship them to you. I literally will never use them, they were spare stickers for my old main which I never use anymore, and the stickers are pretty durable, so I probably never will use them.
Nah it's fine I might get some new ones quite soon but it's just too much effort to resticker.

Thanks! :) I might make some but there's no real guarantee that I'll upload at all regularly.

Isaac VM

WCA
2016MUNO01
YouTube
Visit Channel

There is almost always a 2-3 move pair. With x2 y colour neutrality you can use every pair to form a square so I look for the easiest pair and an edge to form my square, sadly I can't plan my whole FB so I don't know the thought process for those who can.

Teoidus

cry and spend more time on cubegrass

Shiv3r

WCA
2016LEWI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Rouxers, I just have an L10P question:
so given this scramble for L10P(added some moves at the end for setup to the case):
R' B L U' F' L' U B' R' U' R2 F2 L2 D2 L2 F2 U' M2 U M U M'
In this case, where I have the sexysledge alg(or in this instance, mirrored sexysledge), and 2 bad edges where one bad edge in the top in one of the spots the sexysledge alg flips(UF& UB), and the other in the D layer, then I often will try to force a 4flip by spending 3 extra moves before I do the alg. So for the scramble I would do this:
M2 U M2//setup to force 4flip
(L' U' L U)(L F' L' F)//lefty Sexy-sledge alg
and then do LSE.

My question is, is this a good thing to do, like is it efficient? or should I break my habit of doing this?

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Rouxers, I just have an L10P question:
so given this scramble for L10P(added some moves at the end for setup to the case):
R' B L U' F' L' U B' R' U' R2 F2 L2 D2 L2 F2 U' M2 U M U M'
In this case, where I have the sexysledge alg(or in this instance, mirrored sexysledge), and 2 bad edges where one bad edge in the top in one of the spots the sexysledge alg flips(UF& UB), and the other in the D layer, then I often will try to force a 4flip by spending 3 extra moves before I do the alg. So for the scramble I would do this:
M2 U M2//setup to force 4flip
(L' U' L U)(L F' L' F)//lefty Sexy-sledge alg
and then do LSE.

My question is, is this a good thing to do, like is it efficient? or should I break my habit of doing this?
I wouldn't bother. Either do a different CMLLEO, or EOLR.

E: in this particular example, forcing a 4-flip is five moves longer than the EOLR solution. Not that this says anything about what happens in general, of course.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow I'm surprised you still use ss. I think the PDF is deleted, but the google doc should be on my website. The problem with PDFs is that they cannot be edited, which sucks when I want to add/change algs.
I've still got a PDF bookmarked, is this not the most up-to-date version?
But yeah, I don't like PDFs of alg sets for the same reason.

allanboss131

If I were to post a video of some bad cases in second block would you guys respond with ways that you solve them? I'm just barely sub 20 and a lot of my solutions are cfopy so I would love to see what you guys do!

Edit:
Or are there good videos that you could link me to? :)

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
If I were to post a video of some bad cases in second block would you guys respond with ways that you solve them? I'm just barely sub 20 and a lot of my solutions are cfopy so I would love to see what you guys do!

Edit:
Or are there good videos that you could link me to? :)
http://tinyurl.com/f2balgs
E: That's for the last pair. For the first square, Gilles' site is great.