• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

TheCoolMinxer

WCA
2014GERB01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Also didn't Joshua Feran do every single event with feet?

Not the blinds. I've wanted to beat his time but I need to learn to write with feet for FMC. I also want to beat Louis' biggest NxN with feet but that involves buying something bigger than an 8x8. Also I'm 6 seconds off Louis' 6x6 with feet but I'm not sure how long it would take to get that time again.

I've done 2-7, one foot, Mega, Pyra, Clock, Skewb and Square-1.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
So lots of people unofficially do half turn solves on 3x3, I haven't really thought this through, but is there some way you can create a 3x3 so that its mechanism is restricted to half turns?
I think you could do this by making raised arm at different radial distances from the core of the cube on the E, M and S slice edges and tracks on the corresponding centres. It would be possible to do a quarter turn, but after that, you'd only be able to turn a face 45 degrees before it locks up because the bump wouldn't line up with the track on the centre.

In fact, this probably wouldn't be too difficult to do as a mod to a normal 3x3.

D

Daniel Lin

is there an OLLCP trainer?

where you can choose cases like in roman's ZBLL trainer

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about max?
Personally, when people say "Who inspires you?" I have never said Max. Why? Cause when I started cubing, he had a 9 avg, fast, but world class? No. When I started cubing, I loved Faz because of how fast he is in NxN puzzles, so unless the only people who could switch to it would be people who started this year or late last year.

Sue Doenim

Personally, when people say "Who inspires you?" I have never said Max. Why? Cause when I started cubing, he had a 9 avg, fast, but world class? No. When I started cubing, I loved Faz because of how fast he is in NxN puzzles, so unless the only people who could switch to it would be people who started this year or late last year.
Watch this and tell me Max doesn't inspire you.

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Watch this and tell me Max doesn't inspire you.
<iframe width="500" height="300" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></ifra
Hey, it might have not sounded like it, but even though I don't worship him, I think he is a cool guy. I look to some people and they make me wonder, "How could I ever do that.?" For example, Phill, he is one of the fastest cubers with ZZ and I can only get sub 14.5, I look up to him, do I have pictures of him hanging on my wall and only buy cubes from thecubicle.us ? Ofc, not! I look up to lots of cubers, but not for sub 5 avg with CFOP. Not many people know this, but I have a small bit of autism, so in that way he shows that autistic cubers can be fast. My friend John Albright inspires me because he is a very cool guy to hang out with and still super fast at skewb. Jay and Kevin Min inspire me because they use Yau5. I could go on but you get the idea, sub 5 avg makes me want to be faster, but sub 10 avg with ZZ makes me want to be a better ZZ user.