Qiyi Valk 3 tensioning, magnets and everything!

Discussion in 'Puzzle Reviews' started by Ittesaf Ithun, Jul 15, 2017.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Ittesaf Ithun

Ittesaf Ithun Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Hey guys!

I am a sub 15 solver and today i am talking about the qiyi valk 3 and everything I have done to make this puzzle better.

out of the box the puzzle felt tight..not that tight but slightly..so i loosened by 45 degrees and it was fine.. it is a really smooth puzzle with great stability....its stability is probably my favourite part

corner cutting is amazing however on tighter tensions, 47 and 48 degrees don't cut....loosen the tensions a lot and the cube will obviously fall apart..

i tried like 15 different lubes in it and saw which was the best...in my opinion traxxas 50k in the core and 2 drops of lubicle silk(available at cubicle.us) after breaking in the puzzle was the best.

the puzzle is very light-weight and creates a very satisfying sound while turning...a sandy feeling used to exist but after 100-200 solves it has faded away

for magnets i tried n35, n42, n48 and n50
    personally i loved the n35 but the 42 also seemed to be okay..

the stickers are amazing...the stock ones stayed for about two and a half months!

overall it is an outstanding puzzle.. i broke my PB with it(9.87) and i would recommend it to anyone because just with some tensioning and lubing u wl get ur style cube for sure it is surely worth the 20 dollars..

if u want a magnetic valk, i suggest make it urself if u are not that much into cubing...it wl save u some money..u can use DMCubing's youtube tutorial on it....but if u are really into speedcubing then defiitely using 50 dollars on it is worth it as it comes lubed and tensioned..

anyway guys thanks if u read the whole thing and leave a question down below if u have any...peace out :)

Bragtime and Competition Cuber like this.