• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

RKB

Pls tell me how to stop popping of yuxin white 2x2

Last edited by a moderator:

PenguinCuber

A while back I bought a Moyu Aolong V2. I tried to "tension it" several times but I did not do it properly so now the different sides are uneven and it does not cut corners and it catches a lot. Even my Rubik's brand cube is better. What should I do? I do not know how to tension it properly and I do not own any lube. I am considering buying a new speed cube.

vm70

What should I do? I do not know how to tension it properly and I do not own any lube. I am considering buying a new speed cube.

Lubricant isn't going to help you tension your cube. Sorry if this comes off as mean.
That helps with making the pieces slippery and removing creaks from the screws.

Usually, the center piece (not the center cap) has a ridge or circular part that you can use as a "benchmark" for all six sides. Loosen / tighten the screws until they match the circular part. From there, tighten or loosen all sides equally by wrist turns or screw turns. I personally like my cubes tighter. If this doesn't work, take the cube apart so you can see the core. Tension opposite sides so that when you pull them apart, they are equal lengths from the core. Reassemble the puzzle and loosen / tighten until you see fit.

Last edited:

oliviervlcube

WCA
2016LUIJ01
My Qiyi Square-1 isn't tightened very equal. The yellow layer is very smooth but the white layer is very slow and sandy. Slices are also very smooth. What should I do? Before I disassembled it, it was a normal square-1 with no problems

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm guessing when you say you tensioned it, you mean you loosened it? That's expected to happen if you loosen a cube too much. I'd recommend tightening it a bit more. Although, like others have said, the YJ YuLong is not a particularly good cube, so if you have the money, I'd recommend investing in a more modern speedcube (like a MoYu WeiLong GTS or GTS2, a Valk3, a GuoGuan YueXiao, a Gan356 Air, or any of their magnetic counterparts). Popping is not a problem at all on any modern speedcubes, so getting a new one would eliminate this issue entirely.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
The Yulong isn't an especially good cube, but there are a lot of cheaper options than have been mentioned in this thread. I used a thunderclap as my main for a while before I magnetized a yulong. Now I go back and forth between the Yulong and a Yuexiao. If you don't have money for a new cube, or would rather spend your money on something else, you're pretty much left with messing with tension or learning to turn more accurately.

AMCuber

So I noticed suddenly after I dropped my cube, it felt a bit different. It couldn't corner cut. It is my Valk3 and it used to corner cut beyond 45. Though some places it could corner cut. But a counterexample is the face where red is F and blue is U, it could corner cut like 40. What can I do to improve this, if I can? I just don't wanna go buying another Valk3. Im so happy I didn't magnetize it yet. I just feel so bad. I wish I didn't drop it.

And if I do need to get a new Valk 3, I remember seeing a website where it compared prices for the same cube over a lot of cube stores. Someone had it in their signature, but I can't remember the site. If anyone remembers, I would enjoy it if you reply it below.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaredye

When you drop a cube, sometimes the screws get bent. It usually gets back to normal (or you get used to it, it's actually both) after about 100 solves. So be patient. There is very little you can do to expedite the process. You can try remove all the screws and re-tension it. Or you can get a new core if it still doesn't get back to normal after a while.

Another problem that might occur when you drop a cube is that the pieces are not tightly connected to each other. You can easily see some part of the cube popping out. It's easy to press it back in.

In general, dropping a cube isn't the death sentence to your cube.